All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My very first stamp set!

I am so excited that my first stamp set that I illustrated will be released on November 1st by Sweet N Sassy stamps! It is called snowflake silhouettes and this is a sneak peek of 3 of the stamps included in my set. It is available for pre-order now.



The color challenge on Splitcoast was blushing bride, baja breeze, and crumb cake. I love this color combo and think that snowflakes look terrific in baja. I did not have blushing bride so I used blush blossom which I hope is close enough. I stamped my bg paper with 2 different snowflakes in baja and blush. The center panel- I stamped the largest snowflake in the set in blush then the beautiful sentiment in baja over the top of it. I was not able to get the best of pictures tonight. I stitched all the edges and sponged ink around the bg and the image panel. The layout is the cute card thursday sketch.



Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps snowflake silhouettes
paper- paper temptress blanc sparkle, blush blossom, baja breeze, kraft
accessories- pearls, organdy ribbon, sewing machine, square nesties, cb swiss dots folder, cb vintage dies, foam tape


Challenges I am submitting my card for:

Cute card Thursday- sketch
Tuesday throwdown- sentiment as main image
Spoonfull of Sugar- get punchy (nesties and cb die)
Charisma Cardz- vintage
Fussy and Fancy- winter wonderland
Wild Orchid Crafts- pastels

Thank you for visiting my blog today! I hope that you like my card and the preview of my new stamp set.

Hugs and blessings!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

It's gorgeous, Janette! Congratulations!

Sandy said...

Congratulations on your first set! Your card is very, very pretty set! I love the colors and softness of the card. So elegant and beautiful!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Janette, your card is so elegant. I love the soft colors and the layout is wonderful.

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Such a beautiful set and equally GORGEOUS card, Janette! WOWWWWW!

Angie said...

Hi Janette,

Your stamp set looks lovely! Also, I wanted to answer your question on my blog, but you didn't leave an email address. I use Memento ink to stamp all of my images. And, you're correct, it will smear with watercolors if you're not careful. Don't use too much water and don't brush hard over the ink lines.

Have fun!

Angie - www.scrapgirl-angiel.blogspot.com