All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sparkly Princess

Hi there! It has been awhile since I have given my stamps other than Sweet N Sassy a little love so I thought I would show you a card today using Magnolia. Now this card was "supposed" to be a birthday card for my daughter but I never finished it and her birthday was in August. I had the image colored and papers picked out but didn't get farther than that. I still wanted to make her a special card but decided to give it to her just because and not for any particular holiday. She is 6 yrs old and is a girly girl whose favorite color is pink. I hope she will be pleased with the outcome. Take a peek:



I made an easel card so she could keep it displayed in her room. Now, for some of the details for you. I colored the image with copics and cut her out (honestly not sure why I cut it out though)and popped her up with foam tape. I added silver stickles to the tiara, stardust stickles to the gloves and dress, pink rhinestones to the crown, pearls in the shoe straps, and I sponged sky ink around her. All of the edges were distressed, sewn, and trimmed with stardust stickles.

Here is a close up of Princess Tilda


The beautiful rose flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and they too were accented with stickles. The pearl sprays are from Zva Creative. It is the first time that I have ever used them and I think I like lol. I will be needing more of those for sure- on the birthday list :)







The inside I decorated using Fancy Tags from Spellbinders and some silver sparkly stickers from my stash. I thought my daughter would really enjoy having it personalized with her name. I used ribbon, pearls, flowers, and stickles to keep uniformity in the card.



Supplies:
stamp- Magnolia Princess Tilda
paper- memory box and ctmh dp, Neenah white
accessories- Zva creative pearls, wild orchid flowers, copics, stardust and silver stickles, pink rhinestones, lace, pink satin ribbon, sewing machine, spellbinders fancy tags, lace doilly


Some awesome challenges that I am submitting my card for:

7 Kids College fund challenge
- Flowers and layers
Wild Orchid Crafts- Pastels (light pink)
ABC challenge- flowers
Magnolia Stamp Lovers- Sparkling- definitely got this covered lol
Charisma Cardz- more than one fold (easel card, 2 folds)
Paper Sundaes- for someone little (my youngest daughter Lauren)
Tuesday throwdown- anything goes
Allsorts challenge- bingo (pearls, stickles, ribbon)
Our Creative Corner- Embellishments (use at least 3)

Thank you so much for visiting! Have yourself a wonderful day!

22 comments:

Tracey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Janette! I adore it!

Debbie said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!

Julie said...

So beautiful!!! Perfect for a princess! Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge!

Julie

Crystal said...

This is absolutely BEAUTIFUL & I'm sure your daughter will love it! Fabulous colouring & love all the details! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Davi said...

Im so sure your daughter will love this beautiful girly card! The soft colors and all the embellies are really wonderful. Thanks for joining us at TT this week.

Manuela said...

Adorable card! ♥

Thanks for joining us at Flowers and Layers challenge this week at 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog. ^_^

Hugs,
ⓂⒶⓃⓊⒺⓁⒶ

Fiona said...

this is so pretty...you have made a great job of colouring Tilda. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Gemma said...

so incredibly pretty! Thanks for taking the time to join in with the challenge this week at Charisma Cardz! Gemma :)

Pattie said...

Oh Janette, this is absolutely beautiful! It was nice meeting you at the stamp show in York, PA too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Stephanie said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us this time at MSL and hope to see you on 10/24 for our purple and black challenge.

Cindy2 said...

So very girly, wonderful coloring, so soft and sweet. Lucky is the girl that gets this card, I hope she realizes it's a treasure. Thanks for sharing her with us at the MSL challenge. C2

Shana said...

Lauren is going to love this card! Absolutely breathtaking! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Anita said...

Love your card...it's beautiful!

Mummylade said...

really pretty. So glad you liked my bingo challenge at Allsorts this week. Thanks for playing and good luck!

Stampvanwinkle said...

This is so pretty Janette. The soft colors, the pearls and flowers. Just perfect for a little princess. Your daughter will love it.

Nancy said...

I know I told you in person how gorgeous your card is, but wanted to leave you a little lovin here too. And, it just reminded me that my SSS79 card was supposed to be an easel card for another challenge too. Whoops!!!!!

Nana said...

Very pretty card
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sudnaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Janice M said...

Beautiful Janette!! I bet your daughter LOVED it!! I like those pearl flourishes too, where they esay to use??

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

*****THUD*****

Drop dead STUNNING!!!!!

Lisa said...

Love love love this! Pink is just my fav color and you have done a stupendous job with your project! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kid's Challenge!

Sandy Ang said...

Exquisite card !

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation with beautiful papers and nice details! Thanks for joining us for our WOC challenges :)
Hugs, Lena K