All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sweet Stop sketch with a spin

Happy Saturday! I hope your day is going well. It has been one of those mornings here at my house but I am determined to put it behind me and to get on with the rest of the day :). Starting off on the right foot is the sweet stop sketch for this week. I found this one to be a bit easier for me so that was cool! Even better is that this week is the sketch with a spin and that means a prize is involved. The spin this week is one that I sure do love and that is sparkle!! Below is my sample and the sketch:





I printed the cute Cocoa image onto Neenah white cardstock. This is a new digi for October called Cocoa's Santa hat. I colored him with copics, added stickles to the white trim of the hat and then sprayed it, along with the patterned papers, with dazzling diamonds glimmer mist. Truthfully it would have just been easier to print the image onto white sparkle but oh well. The edges were stitched and rhinestones were added to the corners.

here is a close up for you where you can see the flecks of sparkle. You can also see some of the small blobs which is why I prefer sparkle paper rather than the glimmer mist.





Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps digi stamp cocoa's hat, Season of Love (sentiment)
paper- basic grey wassail, kraft, neenah white
accessories- mega curved rectangle nesties, rhinestones, sewing machine, stardust and frosted lace stickles, dazzling diamonds glimmer mist, taffeta type ribbon from Hobby Lobby
copics- cocoa- E31, E33, E35, E37; ears and nose- R0000, R00, R02; hat- R24, R27, R29, R59; shadow- W00, W01, W03


I am entering my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Ann's
- digi and favorite coloring medium (copics)
Spoon Full of Sugar- winter
digital Tuesday- stitch and digi
Wild Orchid Crafts- stitching
Anything Goes- ribbon
Sweet Stampin- ribbon

Thanks for dropping by today. I hope you will get a chance to play along with the sweet stop sketch this week. Have a great weekend!

12 comments:

Janice M said...

Janette this is ADORABLE!! Love all the sparkle. I too kave issues with the glimmer mist, need to try some of that shimmery CS!

Ann Whitfield said...

This is just gorgeous and I love that cute image that you've coloured so beautifully. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Really lovely and oh so cute. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Kim said...

Janette this is absolutely beautiful! Love how you added the gorgeous sparkle to your image! Love it and I too have the "blobby" issues when using Glimmer Mist. Lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Nancy said...

I just LOVE this card.
Your papers and Cocoa are just the greatest!!!

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, I love it - the image is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Alie de Vrij-Venema said...

Great use of colours!
Thanks for playing along this week at Sweet Stampin! xx Alie

Maria Matter said...

Adorable Janette! Beautiful coloring & design!
Thanks for coming to play with us @ Digital Tuesday!
Blessings!

iReneM said...

Aww, this is just gorgeous. Love the cute image and your colour choice
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
x

Jo said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love this!
Thank you for joining in the fun at sweet stampin
Jo xx

Stephanie said...

I absolutely love this, gunna have to get this image!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Janette, I love your little Cocoa. He looks so festive. Great job!!!