All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hot or Cold??

Hi everyone and Happy New Year to you! It has been awhile since I have posted. I was pretty sick for around 2 weeks and my head hurt way too bad to craft. I am happy to say that as of Monday I am feeling better and was able to make a couple cards yesterday.

I am very excited to share that I have been asked to join the 7 Kids College Fund DT! I am looking forward to sharing some new stamp lines with you and the 7 kids store is full of many crafting products that most of us use and love.

Every other Wednesday 7 Kids College Fund hosts a new challenge for you to participate in and have a chance to win a great prize. The challenge for the next 2 weeks is Extreme Hot or Cold- you choose and the prize being offered is a $20 GC for the new Belles and Whistles pre-order in the store. I am really excited that this new line is being added to the store and I look forward to coloring those sweet Elisabeth Bell images.

For my card today I chose cold. I am longing for some warmer temps that is for sure but I still have some adorable winter images that I want to use. I used Tilda with Gift for my card today.

tilda

I stamped Tilda with memento tuxedo black onto Neenah white paper and colored her with my copics. I added star dust stickles to the trim of the coat, top of hat, the present, and the ground under Tilda. I used lavender stickles on the ribbon of the gift. I sponged antique linen distress ink around the image before sewing the edges. Pearls were added to accent the center of my snowflakes and the corners of the card. The patterned paper I used is from Cosmo Cricket.

Here is a close up
P1047441

The coat and hat are more purple in color than the photo is showing. I took several photos and it still came out different than in person.

Supplies used:

stamp- Tilda with Gift
copics- coat/hat V91, V93, V95, V97; present- BG0000, BG10, BG11; skin- E0000, E000, E00, E11, R20, R21; hair and boots- E53, E55, E57; legs- N0, N2
Patterned Paper- Cosmo Cricket
stickles- stardust, lavender
ink- memento black, and antique linen distress ink
cardstock and satin ribbon- Papertrey (plum pudding and kraft)
lace- Wild Orchid Crafts
Martha Stewart snowflake punch
SU- tag punch, buttons, linen thread

You have until Tuesday January 18th to play along with us in the Hot or Cold challenge. I hope you will give it a try!

Challenges that I would like to submit my card for:
Wild Orchid Challenge- sketch
Just Magnolia- anything goes
Stamp Something- glitter
Simon says stamp and show- new stamp
Sundays with Crissy- ribbons
Paper Sundaes- something new (stamp, papers, copics)

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you will visit tomorrow as I have a card featuring one of the new releases from Sweet N Sassy stamps. Have a great day!

12 comments:

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Wow Janette, this is just breath-taking!! I love those papers and colors you used. Gorgeous coloring. I love the tag and the lace!! Ok.....I LOVE EVERYTHING!!!! LOL

I've been a big fan of yours for some time now. I'm sorry I don't always have the chance to leave a comment, but I have your blog saved as a favorite. Your style is AMAZING and I always walk away inspired after a visit to your blog. I'm so happy to be working with you on 7 Kids!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Janette! Welcome to the team. I look forward to working with you!

Hugz,
Julie

Dena said...

Janette! This is just sooooo very stunning! I adore the gorgeous colors together! You did a fabulous job with this card!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena

mycardz said...

Hi Janette! Had to stop by to let you know how much I LOVE your card. I'm a purple-addict and this color combination is soooo gorgeous. Your card and layout, along with all the extra added details are soo perfect. Awesome job on your first challenge! hugz, Mary

Kathy said...

Hello Janette!! Oh I just adore this card! The colors are gorgeous and your details are beautiful!! Glad to hear your feeling better! It has been at least 65 degrees here everyday ~ it is crazy!
Happy New Year ~ Kathy

Jessica said...

Janette! Your card is stunning - such a work of art!!! I'm thrilled to be on the 7kids team with you - I can tell I'm going to be VERY inspired by your work!!

Rach said...

oh wow! what a gorgeous card, xx

Crystal said...

Beautiful card, I love the layout & your colouring is stunning! Congrats on the 7 Kids DT! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes :)

Marlena Peduzzi said...

This is card is beautiful! I love your coloring and the colors you've put together! I'm looking forward to working with you as a 7 Kids College Fund DT!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Absolutely lovely job on this card - the colors, the layers, the lace - everything is gorgeous! Congrats on making the 7 Kids team! So happy you were able to join in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

Lisa M. said...

Everything on this card is fabulous! I love the color combination and the embellishments are perfect!

Thanks so much for joining us this week at Paper Sundaes!

♥ Lisa M

Lisa said...

Stunning work! Thanks for joining us at Sunday's with Crissy!