All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

7 Kids College Fund Challenge

P1187531

The challenge for the next 2 weeks on the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge blog is to try something new or that you are uncomfortable or that you need to practice. The lucky winner of this challenge will receive a $20.00 gift certificate towards the brand new Magnolia So Special collection. Boy, I sure wish I could win lol. There are a couple images in this collection that I just love!

For my card I wanted to practice watercoloring with distress inks and to try shabby chic. I tend to do clean lines and copic coloring so I thought this would stretch me a bit. I have to say that overall I am happy with how my card came out. I used the adorable Sweet Tilda image from Magnolia. I used a good deal of crackle paint on the all the edges and did some paper tearing to try and help achieve that shabby chic look. I also added some stickles to the dress and her hair bows.

P1187534

Supplies:
Sweet Tilda stamp- Magnolia
Poppies and Greeting sentiment- Sweet N Sassy stamps
Nestabilities- classic ovals, petite ovals, large big scalloped ovals
distress ink pads- antique linen, tattered rose, worn lipstick, walnut stain, vintage photo, brushed corderoy, tumbled glass
versafine onyx black ink pad
stickles- stardust
Zva Creative pearl flourish
Distress Crackle Paint- picket fence
patterned paper- Prima Annalee
cardstock- kraft and watercolor
ecru lace- wild orchid crafts
pink satin ribbon


Challenges that I am submitting my card for:
Magnolia Stamp Lovers- sentiment
Wild Orchid Crafts- sentiment
Friday Sketchers- sketch
Paper Sundaes- pick a challenge from the past year (I chose Challenge 49- cut it out)
Pile it On- Anything Goes
Stamp Something- anything goes
Simon Says Stamp- bingo (ribbon, stickles, gems or ribbon, emboss, die cut)

Thank you so much for stopping by. Your sweet comments are always much appreciated and make me smile!

9 comments:

Fiona said...

fab card...great colouring too. This was one of my favourite challenges too. Thanks for joining our birthday challenge this week at Paper Sundaes.

Fi

Stampvanwinkle said...

Janette, Your water coloring is wonderful and the layout is perfect for your little Tilda. Great card.

Hugs and Blessings,

Deb

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh, so sweet and girly. Love the soft colors. Your coloring of the image is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes during our Birthday Blog Hop!

Sheri said...

SUCH a sweetheart of a card! Love the delicate feel! Thank you for joining us at MSL! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Janette. Love the cute Magnolia image and your coloring is perfect. :o)

Janice M said...

Janette this is Gorgeous! Your water coloring looks awesome!

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow, this is stunning. I love the papers and your beautiful coloring. Very elegant.
Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts this challenge!

Hugs, Mindy

Sandy said...

I SOOOOOO love this card! It's so feminine and sweet with the colors you used. I love the effect of watercoloring but it takes so much time that I shy away from it. You did a beautiful job on the card!!!!