All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My First Whiff of Joy

It's time for another challenge on the 7 kids Challenge blog. This one I think is a pretty easy one so hopefully many of you will decide to participate. The challenge is to make a square card- any size as long as it is square. My card measures 5.5" X 5.5".

P2167658

This is my first time using a Whiff of Joy image- can you believe it? They are just adorable and Elisabeth Bell is an amazing artist but so many stamps, so little time- know what I mean. I think I may be hooked though. I am excited as I am broadening my stamping horizons so to speak and you will be seeing me use many new companies in the future. There are so many wonderful stamps to choose from at 7 Kids College Fund I just couldn't resist.

I colored Willow with Hot Chocolate with my copics and used a clear spica glitter pen on the flowers of her pants and the mug. She was a fun image to color. I added roses to the bottom corner and pearls to the corners and in the scallops of the border punch. All of the edges were sewn with my sewing machine.

P2167669

Supplies:

Willow with Hot Chocolate from Whiff of Joy
Neenah white paper
Memento tuxedo black ink
Classic Circle Nestabilities
Scalloped Circle Nestabilities
Clear Spica glitter pen
Zva White Roses- 12mm and 19mm
Zva Creative Pearls
Copics- (hair) E31, E33, E37, E59; (skin) E000, E00, R20; (shirt) E40, E41, E42, E43; (pants) BG000, BG10, BG72; (ground) W00, W1, W3; colorless blender
Stampin Up Parisian breeze dp
kraft taffeta ribbon
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Martha Stewart Branch Punch
Sweet N Sassy stamps sentiment from Sweet Cocoa set

I would like to enter the following challenges:
Wild Orchid Crafts- sketch

Be sure to check out the 7 kids challenge blog for some awesome inspiration from the other DT members.

Have a wonderful day!!!

7 comments:

JenMarie said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Danni said...

Beautiful card! such soft pretty colors!

Dorcas said...

Oh Jeanette! What a perfect sentiment for your gorgeous card! I love it!!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous coloring, Janette, and thanks for the reminder about those papers. I think I still have some left. They were one of my favs!

Kathy H said...

SWEET!

LesleyfromWI said...

This is beautiful! I love the image and the coloring is perfect!

LesleyfromWI said...

This is stunning!