All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hanna Stamps Sneak Peek Week and some news

First some rather exciting news. If you visited my blog in the past few days, you probably noticed that I did not have any new posts (shame shame LOL) but did you notice the new additions to my side bar? Well, I have been unexpectedly been asked to join the design team for DRS designs! It was a very pleasant surprise as they have really cute stamps so be sure to check them out.

Speaking of adorable images...I finally have a sneak peek for you to see. Hanna Stamps is releasing 2 regular sets and 2 mini sets which will be available tomorrow night after the release party in the hanna forum on SCS. Here is the first of the projects that I have to post today- hope to have more today and definitely tomorrow. This uses one of the mini sets being released. I really do love this card and if you did not know, you would probably not guess this is a hanna image. Take a look

I started by stamping my scarecrow image twice- once on watercolor paper and once on scrap paper to use as a mask. I cut out my mask placed it over the scarecrow and then stamped the 2 corn stalks from the garden hanna set released a few months ago. My images were colored using SU markers and both an aquapainter and blender pen. I distressed the edges of it with my ruler and then sponged chocolate ink around the edges. I matted it and used faux stitching and distressing of the edges of my matted layer too. Did you notice the white edges on the orange layer? This is close to my heart paper and it has a white core so when you sand it or distrss it the white shows through- cool huh? I combined so many challenges into this card- the hanna stamps weekly challenge which was to use stitching on your card, 3 dirty girl challenges (distressing from Laura, sketch from Natasha, scene from Kitty) and the verve challenge which was to use 3 or more buttons. Be sure to click on the links if you would like to play along. You can see that I used faux stitching on the bg layer and the green strip as well. Soon, I won't be faux stitching much anymore as I ordered my janome sew mini from hancock fabrics yesterday and hope to try real stitching on my cards soon. I also sponged some choc ink on the twill and unraveled it a bit at the edges just like the scarecrow's arms. My image was attached to the card with pop dots.

Recipe:
stamps- trick or treat mini, garden hanna, things hanna would say, all from hanna stamps
ink- palette noir, chocolate chip
CS/paper- close to my heart autumn collection CS, watercolor paper, bo bunny press dp
accessories/tools- SU brads and buttons, twill, hemp twine, glue dots, pop dots, sponge, paper piercer, SU piercing mat, SU markers, blender pen, aquapainter


Be sure to check back for more sneak peeks from hanna stamps and have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Vicki G said...

Janette!!! This is just the cutest card. I love how you incorporated the corn stalks!!!!

Vicki

Denise Marzec said...

CONGRATS on the DRS gig!! That's awesome!

Great scarecrow card. I love that DP...off to see if I can find some. :)

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Congrats Janette! That is soooo great!