All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

sketch challenge with Gina K.

Today's sketch on SCS is a great one! I know I will use this again. I just knew I wanted to use this image from Gina K. Designs when I saw it.



I colored the image with prismamarkers and used a clear stardust gelly roll pen on the stork and stickles on the baby for sparkle. This was matted on a giga scalloped circle- my nesties arn't here yet. I stitched my triangles onto my brocade layer and tied a ribbon around the center. I then attached my image to it using pop dots. I stitched the other coordinating patterned paper to another brocade layer and attached to the base. I embellished the corners with some satin ribbon. I stamped my sentiment, punched it out with my word window punch and attached a brad. The top corner was embellished with buttons before attaching the smaller square layer to the card.

Supplies:
stamps- Gina K Designs how sweet it is, PTI favor it baby
ink- palette noir, brocade blue,
CS/dp- brocade blue, PT lemon tart, heidi grace dp
accessories/tools- lemon tart satin ribbon, blue grosgrain ribbon, brocade brad, buttons, pop dots, word window punch, diamond stickles, clear stardust gelly pen, paper piercer, prismacolor markers (light cerulean blue, slate blue, deco yellow)


Thanks for your visit today!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Adorable card Janette!! Love the paper and all that sparkle.

Cindy Haffner said...

Just darling, great layers.

Shirley said...

What a precious card and the colors are just so wonderful, Janette! TFS