All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Eye on the Sparrow mojo

Happy Monday everyone! I love Mondays because I get to share 2 weekly challenges with you- the mojo Monday sketch and the Sweet N sassy DT challenge. This week's SNSS challenge is brought to us by the talented Courtney and is to use pastel colors. Below is the mojo sketch and my sample card for the sketch and for the pastel challenge (combined):



I stamped my image and cut it out using my circle nestabilities. It was then colored with copics, the sky was sponged with both sky and baja ink to have some shading, then the flowers were accented with stickles. I ran the soft sky layer through my cuttlebug folder but it is not showing well in the photo.

Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps His Eye is on the Sparrow
CS- choc, white, pink pirouette, soft sky, berry bliss dp
accessories- satin ribbon, birds and swirls cb folder, pink pearls, circle nesties, paper piercer, copics (RV10, RV11, W1, W3, G21, Y11)


I just love this new Eye on the Sparrow designed by Chris Dickinson which was just released last Friday from Sweet N Sassy stamps. It has many great sentiments and scripture to go with it.

Check out the other terrific samples from the mojo makers and the info for the sketch challenge on the mojo Monday blog

Be sure to visit the Sweet N Sassy stamps blog for more details on the pastel challenge. The other Sr. Dt members also have some beautiful samples to show you as well:

Chris Dickinson
Courtney Fowler
Sandy Domelle
Korin Sutherland

Have a wonderful day and I appreciate you stopping by!

13 comments:

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This is lovely Janette! Love this stamp set and you presented it so well.

Manuela said...

wonderful card! it's really fantastic! the colours are great!

Chrissy D said...

Absolutely beautiful. This set lends itself perfectly to the pastel colors and you used a GREAT sketch to show case your beautiful coloring! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Janette, this is a really pretty card!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love this card; beautiful work!

Ceal said...

So Pretty! I love this set

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh my! Janette, this is stunning! I love the bird, the coloring and the sponge shading! Great card -hugs to you!

Norine said...

so pretty love those colors together very soft
Hugs
Norine

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so gorgeous, Janette. I love the colors.

Crystal said...

Beautiful ! These images are so perfect for this sketch. Love that scripture verse.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this! Such a gorgeous card and fun sketch!

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is just stunning - I love that image and your colouring is great!

Zoe said...

Hello Janette, I love the way you put glitter on your card and I love the sentiment.
love
Zoe
xxxx