All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Autumn tree birthday

I needed to make a birthday card for a friend of mine and wanted to go with a fall theme since their birthday is in the fall. I really love the tree image from Sweet N Sassy stamps Forest Silhouettes set. I love making winter scenes with it but this time I thought I would try to make it into a fall tree. To my delight it worked! Take a look



I stamped the image with memento rich cocoa and then used my copics to make dots for the "leaves". I sponged olive ink for the grass and sky ink around the image while still in the nesties.

Here is a close up and you can see the sparkle in the cryogen white paper



Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy stamps Forest Silhouettes
paper- Paper Temptress cryogen white, basic grey mellow dp
accessories- Spellbinders fancy tags, oval and labels nesties, copics (YR23, YR14, R24, YG93), green twill, pearls, cuttlebug vintage dies, paper piercer, sewing machine


Thanks for visiting. I hope you will stop back soon as I will have some nice blog candy for you in celebration of my birthday!

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely Fall card Janette. The colors are so pretty and love that tree image. :o)
PS: Hope you got the twine!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Janette, this is a wonderful fall card. I can see how this set would work for any season. Lovely card!!