All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, March 28, 2011

CAS Triple Play

For the most part, I tend to enjoy making cards with many layers and embellishments. However, the majority of my cards take me a long time to make, often times 2-5 hours per card. This is why I don't get to create as many cards as I would like and also why I only post on my blog a couple times per week.

There are times that I do need to make a card and have limited time or need it to be easy to mail. In the past week I have had 3 such occasions and I thought that I would share them all with you today. The following cards all use the same stamp set and this is my new go-to set for CAS cards. It was just released this month and is called Polka Dot Silhouettes from Sweet N Sassy stamps. This set is so versatile, suitable for just about any occasion and a must have in my book.

This card was for my dad's birthday last Sunday. I used kraft CS with red and black ink.
P3207780

The second card is for my friend Janice who has been battling multiple myeloma for the past 2 years. I needed the card to be easy to mail since I am horrible about going to the post office. The butterflies are stamped in regal rose, saffron, and celery with rhinestone accents and score lines framing them.

P3247813

This last card is for a birthday party that my daughter is going to this coming weekend. I used raspberry fizz and aqua mist for my color combo from Papertrey.

P3247795

I hope that you like my cards today. Hopefully you will agree that CAS does not mean boring :)

Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my blog and have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

jean w. said...

Thanks for the CAS cards you created and shared with us! I need to make about 50 a month for senior retirement coummunities and these are great!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely CAS cards Janette. Awesome color combos. :o)

Shirley said...

All three are just so bright and cheerful!