All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Present

I have pretty limited craft budget so I really enjoy getting the most out of my supplies and using them in new ways. For the card I am sharing with you today, I used an all occasion everyday stamp set to create a Christmas card. I was inspired by a Christmas ad that I recently saw and that is where the idea for my card came from.

PB148035

I stamped several different images from Sweet N Sassy stamps Seeing Spots set in both red and gold inks to make a square. I then matted it and used some organdy ribbon to make it look like a present. The card was further embellished with gold stickles and gold pearls in the corners. I "framed" the sentiment by placing it between 2 score lines. I was fairly happy with how this card came out and I am planning on making more in some different color combos.

Supplies
stamps- Seeing Spots from SNSS
Cardstock- Gold Sparkle, Blanc Sparkle and red from Paper Temptress
embellishments- gold pearls, gold stickles, gold organdy ribbon, and scor-pal


Tis the season for holiday shopping! This week's birthday special at Sweet N Sassy stamps is Buy a $25 gift certificate and get a $5 gift certificate for yourself. Now that is my kinda shopping- one for you and one for me too so everyone is happy lol.

Well, have a great day and I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog!

3 comments:

Kim S said...

This is SUCH a creative idea! I knew that I should have put that set in my shopping cart last time I ordered!

Snoopy said...

Oooh! What a fantastic card! It's so elegant.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

http://www.snoopyshomemadefun.blogspot.com/

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card Janette. Love how you used the dots. :o)