All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sketch challenge 212

Well, I have had an eventful couple of days here. On Monday night I turned my ankle outside and ended up severely spraining my ankle. We were not sure if I broke it or not but it has improved a bit today so I am pretty sure now that it is not broken but boy has it turned some interesting colors. So, I managed to hobble and crawl downstairs to make a card today. I got the inspiration for this card from the roses that are open on my table right now which my dh got for me a couple days ago.





I watercolored my image using my reinkers and an aquapainter which was also the belli challenge on my friend Chris Dickinson's blog this week. It is quite fitting to use her challenge too because she is the illustrator of this gorgeous new stamp set called Love Blooms from Sweet N Sassy stamps. Oh and can I just mention that this stamp set and EVERY stamp set is on sale for 20% off through the end of January. I popped up the roses with foam dots, added stickles for some sparkle, and added pearls to the scallops.





Supplies:
stamps- Love Blooms from Sweet N Sassy stamps
CS- pink pirouette, watercolor, white, pomegranite
accessories- reinkers, aquapainter, stickles, stitched ribbon, silver hardware, silver pearls, swiss dots cb folder, circle nesties, corner rounder punch


Are you looking to invest in some copic markers? Perhaps you have already started collecting them and would like to add to your collection or perhaps you are just starting out. Either way, I want to let you know that Sweet N Sassy stamps is going to be starting a copic marker club that you may be interested in. You can check out the details on how the club is going to work on the blog post. Don't forget to check out the terrific sale going on over at Sweet N Sassy too with 20% off all stamps and 40% off of many other items.

Blessings,
Janette

8 comments:

JenMarie said...

Oh No! Feel better soon!
GORGEOUS card!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Awww, Janette, take care of that ankle. (Hey, better than the hands right?)

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh this is beautiful! I am glad your ankle is feeling better, Janette! Keep it elevated and take care! Love the colors you chose on your card! TFS!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Such a beautiful card. Love the roses they are colored perfectlly.
x Natasha x

Sue Strozyk said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the swiss dots BG with the silver pearls. The hardware looks awesome.

Christi Flores said...

Your card is amazing!!! I am glad to hear that your ankle is feeling better!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is so pretty Janette and the flowers look so gorgeous, love their added sparkle, Hope you are ok and that your ankle is feeling better. Hope you have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

So sorry to hear about your ankle, take care because sometimes sprains are harder to heal.
Your card is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful coloring and design!