All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, February 16, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 74

Hi there everyone, welcome to another mojo Monday and terrific sketch from Julee. Here is my sample and the sketch for you.





Well, I have to start out by telling you that this card seriously took me forever!!! This was one of my five longest cards to make I think. I had a mishap and my copic marker started oozing and ink was everywhere so I had to start over. Then I thought I would try to do something a little new and do the paper tole technique with more layers than I normally would. The cutting out was a little long and tedious and too time consuming for this super slow cardmaker. Anyway, after all the time I took making it, I can't say that I am thrilled with it as the idea I had in my head did not come out on the paper the way I envisioned it. Did you ever have that happen and if so isn't it aggravating LOL? Enough chatter, on with the details. I stamped the bird and balloons 4 times and colored them with copics and then cut them out and layered the pieces with pop dots. I used angel wings shimmerz on the balloons, hat, and wing of the bird. I also used coal shimmerz to paint the brads and the black mattes. I have to admit that took a while to paint all the edges. I added tiny rhinestones to accent the tail and feet.





Supplies:
stamps- Verve birthday surprise
CS- silver swirls lustre, soft sky dp, white, black
accessories- coal and angel wings shimmerz, rhinestones, copics (BG10, BG72, BG75 (this is the one that exploded)), double sided satin ribbon, paper piercer, black brads, circle punch, pop dots


Don't forget to stop by the mojo Monday blog and check out the terrific samples from the mojo makers.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! I need to cook and clean now since the pastor and his wife are coming over my house for dinner tonight and hopefully I can get all the ink off of my fingers LOL. I made sauce and meatballs last week so we are having lasagna- yum!

11 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is beautiful Janette. I can't believe all those layers for the paper tole technique. Love all the shimmer!

Ila said...

I love your card Janette!! your coloring, papers and distressing all look Gorgeous!! and I love the way you divided and placed these in a square!!...Hugs, Ila

Ila said...

Oh Dear...please forgive me...I put comment in the wrong post....the previous one should have been for the Easter card!!...lol. I was leaving but spotted this card....
Any way...I have to tell ya'...this paper tole card is Incredible!! I love the look and shimmer...So Beautiful!!...Hugs,Ila

Unknown said...

Wow! this is just Fabulous!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so beautiful Janette and I love all the layering and shimmer... just gorgeous! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Anonymous said...

WOW, I love the layers and the shimmer. Great card :)

Tracey said...

Love this card Janette! Fantastic job with the sketch!! xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

Such a beautiful card, Janette! I love the tole technique, its so cute and adds such dimension!

Helen said...

Faqb card! Love all the shimmery layers!
Helen x

Jeanette said...

This is just beautiful Janette. Your cards are always totally amazing! Hugs Jeanette

Zoe said...

Hello Janette, I love the glitter on your card and I love the layout.
love
Zoe
xxxx