All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Congrats card redone

Well for those of you who know me, you probably figured that I would indeed pull the card apart and redo it. I did and I like the new and improved version better. I figured out what was bothering me about the first try- I did not like the scalloped rectangle around the image because the sketch was just not right for it. I also did not like the plain saffron paper so I stamped the sanded bg stamp on it with saffron ink. I also double matted both the bella image and the dp section,added a pixie pink matte behind the saffron and attached it to the bashful blue card base. So here is the second version which is going to be mailed- putting it in the envelope now so I can't tear it apart again LOL.



Have a nice evening.

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Nice revision. I do like the extra matting, especially behind the DP. And although I thought the yellow didn't need anything more, I admit that I like the backgrounder you chose for this version. Thanks for sharing; fun to see a "before" and "after".

Alison H said...

I liked them both! But I do agree that the plain border looks great!!