All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mojo color challenge

Well today I have a masculine card for you. I almost never make them and it is definitely out of my comfort zone. Although I think this one came out well. I made it for my step-father who enjoys horses. As a matter of fact, he and my mom used to own one and they frequent a ranch of a freind of theirs during the summertime. I decided to combine 2 challenges today- the Mojo Monday sketch mojo39 and the SCS color challenge which was sage, chocolate and vanilla CC168. I received the horse image from the pif thread. The layers are pretty self explanatory- all the sage layers are paper pierced. The half scallop below the horse was done by punching out a scallop from my dp and then cutting out a partial circle of the same image and layering it over the top. The circle image was stamped though not punched from dp. I added brads in the corners of the striped dp and the top right corner from my hodgepodge kit and the embellishment in the corner of the main image from from the same pewter kit. I tied some twill tape around the card to finish it off.



I decided to take a picture of the inside of the card as well for you. I simply distressed the edges of my vanilla CS by taking my ink pad directly to the paper and lightly swiping it. I stamped the same sage image from the front of the card and matted that onto a partial sage circl to add a little something to the corner of the card. I then stamped my sentiment in the center with choc chip.

Recipe:
stamps- SU Wanted, SU All Year Cheer II
CS- SU sage, vanilla, choc chip, wanted dp
ink- sage and choc chip
accessories- twill, SU pewter hodgepodge hardware
tools- paper piercer, perfect layers, SU scallop punch, CM circle punch, SU ticket corner punch


Hope you all had a nice Memorial Day. Mine was pretty good, my dad and grandma came over for dinner and we made chicken on the grill.

Till tomorrow.

3 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Beautiful card, love it :)

Janice M said...

Janette this is a great masuline card!!!

Sue Strozyk said...

I love the colors, what an awesome guy card!!