All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Papertrey May blog hop


Hi everyone. Bonus post for today. It is the blog hop over in the Papertrey forum tonight. I had the date wrong so you should see me scrambling around the house so I can get this post in time.

So, on to my project now. I started out with my summer sunrise card base. I added a lemon tart layer with a 1/8" border around it. I then took my white stampers select and cut it so that there would be a 1/8" border of lemon tart around it. I drew in guide lines for myself on the back with 1/4" inch all around it. I scored along the guide lines using my scor-pal so that I had a frame around the white. I then made the diagonal grid lines by turning my paper so that it would be diagonal and scored my lines turned the paper 90 degrees and scored the diagonal lines so that I would have diamond shapes. I stamped the littlest bee from the PT honey bees set in the middle of some of the diamonds in both lemon and sunrise. I stamped the main bee image and the sentiment onto a white square made a border around that with my scor-pal and matted that on lemon. I scored the lemon strip in the middle 3 times along the edges and in the middle and then adhered my main image onto that and attached everything to my white diamond layer. I finished off the card by adding an eyelet in each corner and giving it some sparkle with my clear spica glitter pen. Hope you enjoy and I sure hope that I made this clear as I am typing so fast right now LOL.


Recipe:
stamps- PTI honey bees
CS- lemon tart, summer sunrise, white all from PT
ink- summer sunrise, lemon tart
accessories- sunrise satin ribbon, scor-pal, eyelets


Have a wonderful evening and don't forget to join in on the fun at the papertrey forum

37 comments:

Lisa T. said...

Very nice! I love the little bees and the colours are fab. TFS.

Kimberly Crawford said...

wonderful card! love how you kept with your score lines and made the center for the image in the same diamond!!! tfs!!! :)

IamDerby said...

Love the score lines on this. Great use of the bees.

Chris said...

i love this!! i so want the bee set!!! your card is very cute!!

Jennifer Buck said...

ohhh! You are making me need this set now! How cute! TFS :)

Jak Heath said...

lovely card, very sweet.

Diane said...

What a cute card. I love the added stickles!

BarbK said...

love the colours you have used. if I don't get this set I'm gonna ball like a baby until DH gives in.

Regan said...

Oh I just love this!!

K said...

Cute! Love it and how you made the diamond pattern.

Lori said...

Pretty! I love all the layers--they look great.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is really awesome. Love everything about it, including that great ribbon!

Molly B said...

Oh I love it. The sparkle is awesome. -Molly B

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is so pretty!

Niki Estes said...

Very cute, Janette! Love the bees within the diamonds and love the colors!

Deanna said...

Could this BEE any cuter! I had too :)

Love the little bees in the score pattern and score detail on the main image!

Etha said...

oh that is totally WOW! love the colors and the bling on the bee!
My set doesn't have a "mommie to bee" sentiment in it, did you write that?

ohradiogirl said...

Oooh, I like this! I like the all of the layers.

Kevin Renz said...

I love the clean look of your card. Great job!

Col said...

This card is really pretty and I love how the bee center piece is placed to match the gridlines.

Latisha said...

This is soooo nice!!

Bridget said...

Nice card..you worked so hard on it and I love the color combos that you used..isn't the bee set so much fun to play with??
Bridget

Unknown said...

Aww, so sweet! I *love* the bees!!!

Lisa H. said...

great card. love how you stuck with the diamond theme and turned your main image. very cute!

Cynthia said...

beautiful card. Thanks for sharing Cynthia

Aimee said...

too cute...

Bonnie said...

I Love this!! Beautiful! I wish I had of bought this stamp set!! Darn it!-(and that is being VERY tame)

Donelda said...

Oh, I love those little bees!! and they are so cute inside those diamonds!! Thanks for sharing.

Kathleen said...

This card is so cute! You HAD to use that yellow for the bees! It's a great card and you got it "in" in plenty of time!

amber said...

Nice job! Your colors look smashing together. I see summer in them.

Theresa Tyree said...

Beautiful monochromatic card! So sunny and cheerful!

Terri said...

Nice job. I especially like the sparkly bee.

calliezant said...

Great work...love the card and especially the diamond grid scoring.

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! I love the little bees in the diagonal score lines--great job!!

Unknown said...

Love it!

Chris said...

Very nice card. Love the colors!! TFS

Annapurna said...

Wow! Beautiful and elegant card.