All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Hanna does the Faroe Islands


Good evening. I wanted to post earlier but I just did not get a chance. Today I received my hanna stamps order which I have been just waiting so impatiently to receive. I wanted to submit some cards for the flag challenge contest that Kristi is offering in the hanna stamps forum on Splitcoast. One of the stamps in the set is a pair of blank flags that you can put in Hanna's hand. Well, this was just the perfect stamp and challenge for me because for the last 9 months my family and I have hosted an exchange student from the Faroe Islands. The WHAT islands and where are they???? For all you inquiring minds out there, the Faroe Islands are a very small set of islands that are located between Iceland and Norway. They are for the most part under Danish rule. Now that I gave you your history/geography lesson for the day...on with the project. I figured that I could make this into a graduation card for her since she will be graduating in June with her class. I started by masking off the American flag that Hanna was holding with scotch tape and stamping my image. I then took my double flag stamp and stamped that image onto her hand. I figured that I could draw in one flag for the Faroe Islands on the left and draw in the American flag on the right so this would be a good representative for her. Hanna was colored in with a combination of prismacolor pencils and gamsol (for her dress), copic markers, SU markers, and a white gel pen. I then outlined her dress with a clear Spica glitter pen. The red layer I stamped the sparkler image using my essential glue pad onto the red and sprinkling on macro pearl-ex onto it for shimmer. The photo corner I made by punching out a square cutting it diagonally and snipping out the little section. I added some tiny rhinestones that I received from my secret sis- thanks Kris! I stamped my sentiment and punched out a circle and a scalloped circle. I added dots to the scallops with the white gel pen. I am quite happy with the way it turned out. It is really shimmery in person so I thought I would add some close up view pics for you to see also.



close up of the flags


Supplies:
stamps- Patriotic Hanna, Things Hanna would say, Papertrey borders-circles
CS- ballet blue, real red, GP white
ink- pallette noir
tools- SU scallop punch, CM circle punches, CM mini square punch, pearl ex, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, SU markers, copic markers, Signo white gel pen, Spica clear glitter pen
accessories- clear rhinestones, striped red grosgrain from pink hedgehog


Many blessing,

2 comments:

Kristi said...

OMG, I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You ROCK!!!!!!!

Janice M said...

AWESOME card Janette!! I'm sure she will LOVE it!