All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

DRS challenge #6

Hello all! I have been absent for a few days days as I was visiting my BFF last week. We had a great trip and the weather was absolutely fabulous- we were so blessed! I even had the opportunity to spend the evening one night with Korin Sutherland- the owner of Sweet N Sassy Stamps. It was awesome being able to meet her and she is the sweetest woman truly and we hit it off very well. Some of the ladies in her church thought we had known each for a long time when in fact it was our first time meeting. It is so cool when that happens! Anyway, my projects today fit right in with my autumn weekend. I have 3 to show you today.

The challenge posted yesterday on the DRS designs website is to use a sentiment as your focal point.






These 2 cards are very similar. I just changed the card base color, ribbon and sentiment. I stamped my white layer with the 2 leaf stamps in versamark ink covering the whole sheet. I then did a little "magic" using the poppin pastels technique. With this technique all you do is stamp with the versamark ink and then add color to the clear ink with chalks and a sponge dauber. It is really simple and fun to do with great results. I then stamped my sentiment on vellum with brilliance ink and attached over the leaf stamped paper with brads so you could still see the paper under the vellum.

Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs G1122, C691, D701
ink- brilliance pearlescent chocolate
accessories- SU stampin pastels, brads, organdy ribbon




The last project is a candle. I stamped the images on tissue paper and adhered to the candle with my heat gun and waxed paper.

Be sure to check out what the other DT members have come up and find out the deets if you want to play along HERE.

There is also another High Hopes Hop for you!! Just take a quick trip to each of the Divas blogs (the links are in my sidebar) and see which one has some yummy rubber blog candy goodness for you! Then do what she asks you to do, in order to be in the drawing to win it!!!

Wanna hear something else??? It's super exciting, I tell ya!!! THIRTY-SEVEN new images and sentiments were added to the High Hopes website and are available to order!! There are more dragons, lots of birdies, some owls, some wonderful scenery and some valentines!!! Be sure to head on over and take a look. Just put HOTP (for Hot Off the Press) in the search bar and the newest images are on pages 7-10!!

Now get hoppin' and have a great day!!!

7 comments:

Kathy H said...

Wow what an awesome candle...the cards are great too...

ChrissyM said...

Fall is my favorite time of year. Your cards are very pretty I especially love the candle.

Bev Gerard said...

Janette ... your poppin' pastels technique is wonderful! I love your color choices, as well as your sentiment on vellum!

~Bev

Deb Wood said...

very beautiful!!

Maria Matter said...

Janette, your cards and candle are gorgeous! You make the popping pastels tech. sound so easy, I'll have to try it!
Thanks for all your inspiration!
Blessings, Maria

Chrissy D said...

This is sooooo pretty! TFS!

Jennifer E. said...

I love the bold colors in these fall cards & your candle is beautiful too!