All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Playing with Plaid

Before I get to my card for today there are a couple of things I would like to share with you. First, today starts another high hopes hop blog candy give away. How do you win? Just visit the divas blogs and find out who is offering the rubber and follow her directions. The links to all the high hopes divas' blogs are on my side bar. Good luck and happy hopping!

Second, you may remember that I mentioned meeting Korin from sweet n sassy stamps the other day. I have known for awhile that I was going to be on her design team for sweet n sassy but had to keep it secret LOL. Well, now I am able to share this news with you all. I am super excited and even more so after having met her in person. This company is so special to me because it allows me to combine my love of stamping with my first love- Jesus. If you are not familiar with this company they carry some adorable images which are right up my alley as well as beautiful scripture sets. Be sure to check out their website HERE.

Now for my card today. I was not able to play along with the color challenge on Tuesday so I thought I could combine it with today's ways to use it challenge today which was to use plaid. I first stamped my image, colored it with copics and added pink shimmerz and rhinestones to the cupcakes. I accented my corners by paper piercing around them. I tied a double ribbon around my card to finish it off. The cupcake oval is popped up on dimensionals.



a view of the shimmer


inside of card


Supplies:
stamps- H&M Stamps sweetly stamped
ink- memento black
CS- pink pirouette, black, white, ctmh dp
accessories- copics, rhinestones, pink shimmerz, shimmer brads, oval nesties, paper piercer, white gel pen, swiss dots cb folder


Have a terrific day!

6 comments:

Deb Wood said...

This is really pretty, love the shimmerz!!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Congratulations Janette! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue Strozyk said...

Love it!! My favorite colors too!! Congrats on Sweet & Sassy!

Chrissy D said...

These are sooooo cute! Welcome to the SNSS DT! I look forward to getting to know you and working with you!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! ;) Love the pink, plaid and sparkle!! TFS!

Dawn said...

SOOO pretty! Your cards are always just GORGEOUS!!!