All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

A week of projects

This week it seems that I have neglected my blog a bit. I have definitely made cards but I have been making up for lost time when I was away so I have not posted them here yet. This just means that there will be a lot to show today. I am going to divide the news and the projects by company so it is easier to find.

HIGH HOPES

First, today is the start of a new high hopes weekly challenge. It is a sketch challenge this week so for those of you who enjoy sketches be sure to check it out. There is also a blog hop with candy going on so again you just need to find out which diva is the one offering the candy by visiting the blogs listed under high hopes divas on my side bar to the right. Here is my challenge project for the week:



I colored the image with my SU markers on watercolor paper and spread the ink with my aquapainter. I also added some twinkling H2Os for shading which is what the tiny specs are on the kitty in the close up photo below.



Supplies:
stamps- high hope Callie Christmas kitty and large and small candycanes, drs designs sentiment
CS- riding hood red, olive, watercolor, my mind's eye dp, basic grey dp
accessories- SU markers, aquapainter, forest green and chesnut brown twinkling H2Os, making memories shimmer brads, SU taffeta ribbon, oval nesties, CM wave cutter


Visit the high hopes blog to see the sketch and check out the other divas creations.

H&M STAMPS

There is going to be a blog hop featuring holiday gifts starting on Saturday Nov. 1st so that should be alot of fun to see the different ideas that the DT comes up with.

I have 2 H&M projects today and I made both of them for Thursday's way to use it challenge on SCS which was to use one word.



I colored the image with copic markers.

supplies:
stamps- H&M Stamps doggy years
CS- pink passion, pink, choc chip, celery, doodlebug dp
accessories- choc grosgrain, CM circle punch, corner rounder punch, oval punch, brads, copics (E21, E33, E37, G21, RV11, black
)



This image was also colored with copics. Stickes were added to the cupcakes as well as rhinestones. I used the our creative corner sketch from last Sat for the layout.

supplies:
stamps- H&M Stamps sweetly stamped, Inkadinkado sentiment
CS- riding hood red, baja breeze, basic grey cupcake dp
accesories- copics, diamond stickles, pink rhinestones, SU taffeta ribbon, ribbon tag die, ticket corner punch


DRS DESIGNS

Tomorrow is the start of another biweekly challenge on the DRS blog so be sure to check back tomorrow to see the card I made for it. Just a hint, this is another sketch challenge to work with.

For today's project though, I used the SCS sketch challenge for my layout.



I colored the image with my copics. I added liquid applique to the fur parts of Santa's suit, spica glitter pen to his beard, red stickles to the deer nose and holly, and gold stickles to the buckle and bells. I also popped up the sign.

supplies-
stamps- DRS designs L016
CS- white and red
accessories- red and gold stickles, red brads, spica glitter pen, liquid applique, copics, snowflakes cb folder


SWEET N SASSY STAMPS

Still with me LOL? Tomorrow starts the monthly blog hop with SNSS. All the DT members will be feature sneak peeks from the upcoming Nov 1st release. There will also be blog candy involved. The release party will kick off at 9PM on Friday the 31st. I am so excited because this will be my first release with them and the first projects with the stamps as well.

Speaking of blog candy, DT member Chris Dickinson has blog candy offered right now so stop by her BLOG for deets.

Thanks for stopping by today and reading through the long post. Have a blessed Sunday Lord's day!

8 comments:

JenMarie said...

AWESOME card Janette!!

Tracey said...

Your cards are fabulous!!!

Helena said...

Amazing cards!!!

XXXX

Chrissy D said...

These are alll soooo cute! TFS!

Heather "Hev" said...

- hard to choose but the dogie one would be my fave - loving that backing paper!!!

Michelle Woerner said...

OMG! These are super cute -but that kitty hanging from the tree ROCKS! It's "I just about fell out of my chair cute". Hugs to you -michelle

Ila said...

All these cards are Totally Fabulous!! I love what you've done with Katharina's sketch....and the image is Gorgeous!!...and guess what ....that was the other image I was thinking about too...LOL...Hugs, Ila

Jennifer E. said...

These are all great cards. I really like your Santa-what a great layout too!