All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday stamping

Today was the perfect day here in Buffalo. The sun was brilliant and the air was crisp and cool (about 60 degrees). I enjoyed making leaf crafts with my girls after spending some time at the playground. Then I had a chance to stamp- great ending to the day!

First, today is the start to a new high hopes weekly challenge. For the challenge I chose to make a stamped candle since the theme was anything but a card. The holidays are approaching and I thought it would be a great chance to start on some holiday gifts. I stamped my image on white tissue paper and colored it with my copics. I noticed that the colors are seem to soften when adhered to the candle. So, don't be shy with your coloring. You can get the instructions on how to make the candles in this tutorial on SCS. Once my image was adhered I used stardust stickles on the present and frosted lace stickles on the fur of the dress. I first tried shimmerz but it just beaded on the candle.





Supplies:
stamps- high hopes snowlady surprise, DRS designs sentiment
accessories- candle, tissue paper, copics, stickles


Be sure to check out what the other divas created and get all the details if you would like to play along on the high hopes blog.

I also made 2 cards for the featured stamper challenge today.



I colored the image with copics and used angel wings shimmerz on the snow and a clear spica glitter pen on the candy. I stamped the bottom panel with my snowflake bg stamp. I accented the top circle with pearls which I colored with my red copic marker.



Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs A277, L283, H187
ink- palette noir, real red
CS- white, red
accessories- angel wings shimmerz, clear spica glitter pen, copics, pearls, rect nesties, red grosgrain, circle punch, paper piercer


The second card uses h and m stamps.



I stamped my dog house image twice using one as a mask and then stamped my dog in the doghouse. I stamped the dog a second time so that I could pop up the head. I colored my image with copics and sponged in the sky and grass. The second head was cut out and popped up. Crystal effects is on the nose. I pierced the top corner of the card and added eyelets to the bottom and twill across the middle.



Supplies:
stamps- H&M Stamps
ink- cocoa, memento black
CS- cocoa, apricot prints pack, DCWV dp, soft sky textured
accessories- crystal effects, copics, twill, eyelets, paper piercer


Thanks for stopping by today!

8 comments:

Ila said...

Wow!! you have been busy!! and eveything is Totally Gorgeous!! I love the candle..what a Fabulous idea..(thanks for the link)..
The cards are Gorgeous!!..I love the shimmer on the snow...and the puppy card is just the Cutest!!!...Hugs, Ila

Michelle said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as Ila ~~ good thing I read her comment first I wouldn't want to be a copycat, lol!!! You've been productive (another way of saying wow, you've been busy, lol) ~~ love the candle, I have yet to try that but it's on my want-to-try list. Love your other cards too ~~ I really need to try that shimmerz, it looks very different from the H2O's

Amy Johnson said...

Hi Janette! I'm visiting your blog for the first time, and I love it! I tagged you! Hope you don't mind. Read about it on http://amyscreativepursuits.blogspot.com/ I love your candle. I've never done this before, but I'm going to give it a try this week. Love the village card, I commented on it on splitcoaststampers. Really love the doggie card too. So cute!

Stitchinwitch said...

They look amazing. I love the sparkle especially on the gingerbread houses

Lynne in NI said...

Fab creations - I especially love your doggy card!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Thanks for testing out the copics for a candle theory and the shimmerz vs. stickles on a candle theories! That will save me some time. I am soooo loving your use of Shimmerz. All 3 items are fab!

Jennifer E. said...

Fantastic Layouts Janette! These cards are great!

Michelle C. D. said...

Adorabel snow lady candle! I do know how to make these and I have reviewed the SC tutorial. I do have a question, though. Did you wait for the candle and image to cool completely before adding the glitter? I don't have Stickles, but I do have SU Dazzling Diamonds. It is a powdered glitter, so I'm not sure how to stick it on the candle.

Any advice would be appreciated. Beautiful blog!