All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sketch stitch challenge

It has been a week since I have been able to participate in any challenges or to stamp and I was starting to go through withdrawl LOL. I did manage to color 2 images while I was away but I had hoped to get to more colored-oh well. Anyway, I was hoping that I could incorporate one of them into today's sketch challenge. I was able to but it was tough to get it the correct size and next time around I would use a smaller image. I also cut my layers and base the wrong size so my card is a bit larger than the standard 1/4 sheet size.



I colored my image with copics and prismamarkers and added stickles to the ice cream and crystal effects to the dog's nose. I stitched my orange dp layer to my card base for the high hopes challenge this week which was to use stitching on your card. My layout is the SCS sketch challenge of the week. I pierced the corners of the red layer for some extra dimension.

A closer look


Supplies:
stamp- high hopes ice cream for two
ink- palette noir
CS- bashful blue texture, real red, summer picnic dp
accessories- paper piercer, diamond stickles, copics (E00 E33, E37, E47, E21), prismamarkers (slate blue, light cerulean blue, orange. crimson red, tuscan red), crystal effects, stitched ribbon, sewing machine


Thanks so much for stopping by. God Bless!

8 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Copics & prismacolor pencils? Ooooh, that is totally my favorite way to color. Your card looks awesome! I especially love the sparkle on the ice cream.

ChrissyM said...

The coloring on your card is fantastic. I love the image. What a cute card. Love everything about it.

Deb Wood said...

This is fantastic, so cute and fabulous coloring!

jhet said...

As usual, your card is fab Janette! Thanks for the birthday card, I appreciate it.

God bless you too!

Michelle Woerner said...

Hey, Janette! Welcome back from your mini vaca with your BFF!! I think this turned out adorable. I love the colors and DP you chose. The coloring is really amazing -you keep getting better and better! Gotta post some tips, I am soooo struggling. I keep thinking if I buy more copics, somehow I will get better -snort!

Hugs to you, michelle

Heather "Hev" said...

This card bought a huge smile to my face - it is delightful :)

Anonymous said...

Adorable, Janette. This stamp is on my wish list!! So cute!
~Lacey Stephens

Niki Estes said...

Very cute, Janette! I love that image and great coloring!