All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's Sweet N Sassy Time!

I am very excited to be showing you my first cards ever with Sweet N Sassy stamps. One of the things that I love about SNSS are the scripture sets so I chose to feature the new "Rejoice" set today. This set along with 5 other sets are going to be released on Saturday Nov. 1st. They are also celebrating their one year anniversary with this release as well so there are going to be some extra special surprises in store. The release party starts tomorrow (Friday the 31st) at 9PM in the SNSS forum.

The first card is for the ways to use it challenge today and uses the cracked glass technique.



I stamped my scripture with choc ink and then sponged all around the edges using the vintage verve technique using soft sky first then baja breeze on the very outer edges. Then I stamped my versamark ink over the top and embossed with glassy glaze ep 4 times before sticking it in the freezer and cracking it.



Supplies:
stamps- sweet n sassy rejoice
CS- choc chip, white, baja breeze, basic grey offbeat dp
ink- brilliance choc, baja breeze, soft sky, versamark
accessories- fiskars border punch, taffeta ribbon, brown brads, glassy glaze ep






For my second card I used the "rejoice evermore" sentiment which I embossed with detail gold ep and die cut with my circle nestability. I then die cut another circle the same size to showcase my sentiment by placing it in the center of a beautiful circle frame. Now, I wish I could say that I was talented enough to come up with this idea on my own but I got the idea for the frame from the amazingly talented Becca of Amazing Paper Grace. She has an awesome video tutorial on how to make one of these frames here. Now I did make a few changes to it- I used the second largest circle in the large circle nestie set rather than the large one that she used, I used the wrought iron corner punch, and I mark the center of each section of pie so I know where to line up my punch. I used pop dots to place the frame on top of the sentiment circle which was then placed on a gold scalloped circle. I accented it by placing a white pearl in each scallop and a gold pearl in the design. I embossed my shimmer white layer with my birds and swirls folder, punched the corners with my scallop corner punch and tied a ribbon into a bow around it. This was layered on gold and adhered to my card base. Here are some additional photos below.





Supplies:
stamps- Sweet N Sassy Stamps Rejoice
CS-SU brushed gold, shimmer white
accessories- gold sheer metallic ribbon, gold detail ep, gold pearls, white pearls, circle nesties, cb folder, marvy scallop corner punch


My third card also uses the rejoice set.



I stamped my scripture, die cut with my rectangle nestie then sponged the edges with artichoke ink while it was still in the die. I really love this effect and do it frequently. I ran my navy strip through my cuttlebug and then sanded the raised areas. This is close to my heart CS and it has a white core so the white shows through when sanded. This is similar to the new coredinations CS which SNSS carries along with the basic grey patterned paper used on this card. Pretty cool huh- you can get great stamps and all the other supplies you need all in one spot. I used my Fiskars border punch along the strip also. I stitched my dp onto my base, layered the strip on top, and tied a ribbon around the middle. The sentiment was attached to the card using pop dots and the primas were attached in the corner with glue dots.

Supplies-
stamps- Sweet N Sassy Rejoic
CS- CTMH autumn harvest, basic grey boxer dp
ink- SU night of navy, artichoke
accessories- shimmer brads, primas, divine swirls cb folder, satin strip organdy ribbon, rectangle nestabilities, sewing machine, Fiskars sunburst border punch


I am so glad that you took the time to visit my blog today. From here you will hop on over to Korin's blog and Christi's blog to see what sneak peeks they have for you today.

But before I go I want to let you know that there is some blog candy being offered by one of the high hopes divas but you have to do a little bit of work and find out who it is offering it first. The divas' blog links are all listed on my sidebar to the right.

Have an awesome day!!

17 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh -- both cards are stunning and I just LOVE the second one. Don't know if it's the colors with the layout and and ribbon. Your cards are beautiful.

Sandy said...

I guess I was so awe struck I studdered and said the word "and" twice on that last line. Giggle!

In case I forgot to tell you - both cards are beautiful!

Michele Kovack said...

............THUD! Gorgeous girl!!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

These are gorgeous cards, WOW!!! Fabulous!

Barb Gault

Anonymous said...

These are GORGEOUS!!!! Ok, maybe I should have used a different descriptive word since I sound like I am copying Michele and Barb, but they truly are GORGEOUS :)!

Crystal said...

Stunning! I love the colors you used in the second one and I LOVE how you did the circle in the first! They both beautiful!

Holly said...

Wow, gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita said...

Wow! Both are cards are beautiful!

Christi Flores said...

Wow!! I mean...WOW girl!!! Both of your cards are fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is wonderful!! You BG colors and so pretty and shimmery! :) TFS!

Suzy said...

So elegant and beautiful!

Suzy

Anonymous said...

WOW! That is stunning. WOW!

Michelle said...

All very nice cards, you have done such a wonderful job. I love the cracked 'tile' card. Stunning!
from Michelle N

Anonymous said...

I love the cracked glass technique. I've been wanting to try it for awhile now!! Thanks for sharing.
~Lacey

Shelly Koskinen said...

Your cards are beautiful!

Linsey R said...

WoW, Janette! These are all absolutely gorgeous! Brimming with holiday elegance! Simply stunning work, tfs!

Chrissy D said...

I agree!!! STanding OVATION Janette! TFS!!!!