All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

High Hopes Challenge 42

Good Sunday morning! This week's high hopes challenge was "go for the gold" and is brought to us by diva Jeanne. I have created a sparkly gold card for you today.



I stamped my herald angel which is one of the newly released images from high hopes onto blanc sparkle paper and colored her with copics. I have not pulled out my shimmerz in awhile so I used angel wings on the wings and gold glimmer blingz on the stars of her headpiece and her collar. I used gold stickles on the trumpet. She was cut out and popped up on top of white gold metallic cardstock and then again onto a scalloped circle from gold sparkle cardstock. The base of the card is made from white diamonds cardstock. I used the Friday sketchers sketch from this week for my layout. I used rhinestones on the angel wings and in the center of the scallops. All the gorgeous shimmery cardstock that I used today can be found at Paper Temptress.

Here is a closer look for you


Supplies:
stamps- high hopes herald angel
Cardstock- blanc sparkle, white diamonds, white gold metallic, gold sparkle- all from Paper Temptress
accessories- rhinestones, cb divine swirls folder, angel wings shimmerz, gold glimmer blingz, gold stickles, organdy ribbon, copics


All the challenge details and prize info can be found on the high hopes blog. The divas also have some terrific samples to show you to get you started.

Have a blessed Lord's day Sunday!

5 comments:

Danni said...

This is gorgeous! I love the sparkle and shimmer!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Janette!! I love the shimmer and your awesome coloring. You are so talented and I feel so honored to work with you as GDT as SNSS this month.

Enjoy your weekend!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Janette! Love your angel!!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful card! That shimmery paper is gorgeous and the angel is just adorable in all her sparkle!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

Lovely! Your coloring and design are wonderful!