All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, August 3, 2009

Mojo Monday 98- contest week!

Happy mojo Monday everyone! I am glad you stopped in today because this week is our monthly contest week on mojo Monday. Julee will be giving away up to 7 Verve sets to the entries that are judged to be the most mojolicious. My sample and this week's sketch are below.





I have to admit that I seriously struggle in the masculine card department. So, I rarely make them as I am always tempted to use some sort of ribbon or sparkle on my cards and that really does not do the trick for a guy LOL. I have a very good friend though who is going through a difficult time right now and I really wanted to send a card to encourage him. My favorite bible verse is Jer29:11 and it has always encouraged me and I was hoping it would them too. I was thrilled when Verve released this set! Most of the time when I make a card I don't have a specific person or occasion in mind that I am creating it for but today's card was created for someone specific and I hope that they will like it. My friend and fellow DT member Sandy said that whenever she makes a card that she prays for the person she is creating it for and she inspired me to do the same.

I stamped the cross first with blue ink followed by the verse with chocolate ink over the top. I sponged around the scripture while still in the circle die. All the edges were distressed with scissors and basic grey dp works so well with this technique.



Supplies:
stamps- Verve Jer29:11
CS- basic grey granola dp, Paper Temptress hot fudge
accessories- brown brads, twill, circle nestabilities


Be sure to stop by the mojo Monday blog to get all the info on this week's contest. My fellow mojo makers also have some great samples to share with you to get you started.

Hugs and blessings,

13 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Beautiful card, beautifully done.

eileen xox

Sandy said...

This is a GREAT masculine card! The distressed edges, colors, etc all make it perfect. And....you can never go wrong with a Scripture on a masculine card.

Struggle with masculine cards???? Hmmm... I think you knocked this one out of the park! I LOVE it!!!

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

This is just lovely, Janette! Hope I get time and 'mojo' to play this one.

Anonymous said...

I love the distressed edges :)

Tracey said...

Love your card Janette! A fabulous take on the sketch!

Julie said...

This is one of my favorite verses as well. Your card is beautiful, and I need this stamp. :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is my favorite Bible verse, too, Janette. You did a beautiful job with this card! I love the way you did the circle image... with the faded cross and the sponging. Perfection!

Shelly Koskinen said...

This card is gorgeous!!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a wonderful card i love the faint impression behind the scripture and you distressing is dun! BR-T

Dorothy said...

Oh, how I like this. Great look for the verse.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Wow, Janette, this is over the top wonderful! I love love love it! That is one of my favorite verses too. This is just stunning!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I lOVe this! Absolutely beautiful!

Sherrill Graff owner said...

Very nice, thank you for the inspiration! Sherrill Graff http://latenightstamper1.blogspot.com/