All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An ATC challenge

Hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend. Ours was nice- we had family over for a BBQ yesterday. Tomorrow is the first day of school for 2 of my girls. I can't say that I am completely looking forward to it though.

This week's challenge on the DRS blog was to make ATC cards. Then one of the upcoming challeges is to use them to make a full card. If you would like to play along with us you can check out all the details here. You can also see what other awesome creations the other DT members have come up with. For the challenge I chose to make 3 ATCs all of them using the same stamp. I even chose the same colors for 2 of them to show how you can get a completely different look. This is the stamp I used for my cards.

This first ATC I used silver jewels embossing powder which is glittery. I used rhinestone accents and my Marvy scallop corner punch. The silver is Stampin Up brushed silver paper.



The second ATC I used chose a non glitter silver embossing powder and silver pearl in the middle of the star. The silver paper is a textured silver metallic and finished off with some navy organdy ribbon. I also sponged around the image by leaving my rectangle in my nestability die and sponging navy ink.



The last ATC uses gold embossing powder and colors of hunter, burgundy and gold. I accented by framing my image with gold cord and brads and a gold pearl in the middle of the star.



I hope you like them and be sure to stay tuned where you will see them transformed into full cards. Speaking of staying tuned, I will be posting my hanna stamps sneak peeks the next couple days as well as some projects from some new stamps released just yesterday from H&M Stamps. H&M stamps is offering free shipping right now with no coupon needed so be sure to check it out. You won't want to miss them! Thanks for visiting today and hope it is a good one for you.

2 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

I love all the variation of these ATC's even though they use the same stamp! They are all very pretty!

Bev Gerard said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! These are gorgeous, Janette! Embossing is one of my favorite techniques, and both of these cards show it at its best!

~Bev