All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Color challenge 183

Hi there. I did get a chance to play along with the color challenge today. This was a tough one in my opinion. I am just not crazy about the green galore with the grey and riding hood red. I still do like my card though.



I stamped my new fabulous image from DRS designs with palette noir and colored it with my new wonder product- Shimmerz paint. I only used the paint to color my image and still got the wonderful shading with the exception of using a green prismamarker on the middle of the leaves. I also mixed my beeswax and rustic red paints to get the orange for the pumpkin. You can do quite a bit with them. To accent my image I paper pierced around it and added some pewter brads.

Here are some close up for you so you can see the shimmer and shading:





Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs (L791)
ink- palette noir, ruby red
CS- riding hood red, green galore, going grey, white
accessories- Shimmerz paint (angel wings, coffee, rustic red, beeswax, royal red), paper piercer, pewter brads


I hope you like my card today- have a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

JenMarie said...

Janette, this is gorgeous!
Question, so you can color over the 'lines' and they show through? thanks...

jhet said...

Hi Janette,

Thanks for the message that you sent on SCS. Just want to let you know that you made another gorgeous card again!!! I like the shimmery look of it.

God bless you!

Sue Strozyk said...

Beautiful, LOVE the "shimmerz" Can't wait to see it in person!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! I LOVE to use this shimmerz stuff!! It's awesome! TFS!

Shirley said...

Janette, I have Shimmerz and it just doesn't shimmer like it does IRL and here it looks great so....A really wonderful card!