All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Simply Elegant Sympathy

Well, today is the first day that I went to the "Y" and worked out in about a month. I really had to force myself to go. I cut my foot a few weeks ago and everytime I walked on it I split it open. Then I just got out of the routine and rather would stay home and stamp LOL. So, I did it and it was almost like the first day again. I took it fairly easy and only did 30 minutes at about 75% so I wouldn't die and get sore. So, the reason for my story is that I did not stamp today (YET) but I have some things that I made recently to share.

The two cards I have to share are pretty similar and are simple cards but I really do like them. I used my rectangle nestabilities to emboss- not cut a rectangle on my white cardstock and then stamped my image inside of it.



Supplies:
stamps- Everyday Blessings, Garden of Life- Papertrey Ink
ink- Brilliance pearlescent chocoate, aqua mist
Cardstock- white- PTI, chocolate- SU
accessories- choc satin ribbon, aqua mist ribbon, rhinestones


The second card I used my markers to color directly on my stamp before stamping. If you use 2 different shades of the same color you can shade directly on your stamp. I used pale plum and perfect plum in this example.



Supplies:
stamps- Gina K Designs Comfort and Peace, PTI sentiment
Cardstock- white- PTI
accessories- SU markers in mellow moss, pale plum, and perfect plum, mellow moss taffeta ribbon, PTI lavendar moon satin ribbon, spica glitter pen (to accent the flowers)


You will want to stay tuned as I can tell you that I am going to be having some blog candy soon. Also, next week hanna stamps! is having their one year anniversary so there will be special things going on with that including sneak peeks which will start next Monday. Have a wonderful day everybody!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

oh my word...I love these cards!!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Both cards are outstanding and beautiful. Just gorgeous!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh! Very pretty and I love the embossing in the middle. I have to try that. Hugs, michelle