All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Challenge me

Hi everyone, hope you are having a great day! I have a couple challenge cards to share with you. The first is from the color challenge yesterday on SCS. The colors were artichoke, riding hood red and basic grey. Here is my version:



I used the hanna stamps challenge sketch by Amanda this week for my layout. I stamped Riley, colored him with copics and cut using my nesties. I sponged around him while it was still in the die and I did the same for the sentiment. I used a very thin matting of white to make the colors pop a bit. I accented the sentiment with 3 tiny rhinestones and added some snowflake stickers in the corner with rhinestones. I finished off by adding one of my favorite products to the snow and ski poles- shimmerz of course!!

closer view


Supplies:
stamps- skiing riley and everyday sentiments from hanna stamps!
CS- ruby red (did not have riding hood red), basic grey, artichoke, white, SU dp
ink- grey, artichoke, ruby red, memento tuxedo black
accessories- nestabilities, taffeta ribbon, snowflake stickers, rhinestones, copics, angel wings shimmerz


My second card today uses the sketch challenge that was posted on SCS today.



I stamped this great newly released image from DRS designs with choc chip ink and colored it with prismapencils and gamsol. I stamped my blocks with my leaf stamp (also a DRS new release) in ruby red, pumpkin and olive on pumpkin CS and the long block with my leaf edger stamp in choc chip. I then sponged the edges with cocoa and stitched all of them to my choc chip layer. I matted that onto some bazzill bling and attached 3 brads in the corner before adhering to my chocolate base. I also tied my grosgrain ribbon around before adding to the base. Lastly I attached my main image.

a close up view:


Supplies:
stamps- DRS designs K1052, A1074, P567
CS- pumpkin pie, bazzill bling yellow, choc chip, ivory
ink- ruby red, olive, choc chip, cocoa, pumpkin
accessories- choc grosgrain, choc brads, prismapencils, gamsol


Thanks for visiting and have a blessed day!

6 comments:

Bev Gerard said...

These are gorgeous, Janette!
Riley is dashing on his wintery card! And those Fall images are about to pop right off the paper! Wonderful!

~Bev

Heather said...

Great cards Janette.

Sandy said...

Both your challenge cards are wonderful, Janette.

Anonymous said...

This is so gorgeous Janette!! :) Love the coloring!!

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love your Riley card. He is such a cutie! And you colored him perfectly . Your pumpkin/fall card is so pretty too. You are so talented!
BTW, I TAGGED you and you are now IT!! Go to my blog to see what to do!
http://www.crissysartnheart.blogspot.com/

Beverley said...

Janette...how cute can that little guy be...and I too love those Shimmerz glitter paints...great job on both of the cards...I look forward to seeing more of your work...thanks for sharing.

stampin' HUGS
Beverley