All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Basic Grey Cupcake

Hi there, hope you are having a nice weekend. It has been kinda busy here. Yesterday our exchange student graduated from high school and we had a party for her afterwards. She will be leaving one week from today. I am so excited that tomorrow starts sneak peek week in the hanna stamps forum on SCS. So stay tuned there and on my blog where I will be posting my first sneak peeks. Anyway, on with today's project. I used the sketch from Taylored Expressions as my layout and chose my dp based on the Our Creative Corner challenge for this week which was to use Basic Grey paper.

I started with my choc chip CS and cut it vertically so I would have a top fold. I then layered on my pink basic grey paper and cut out two strips of my coordinating dp to layer at the top. I cut along the scallops in the dp and then adhered them and curled upsome of the scallops for dimension. I stamped my cupcake in choc chip on cryogen white shimmery paper and colored with my copics. I stamped the image a second time and colored only the top of the cupcake and cut it out. I stamped, colored and cut out my cherry and glued it onto the cupcake. I attached the top of the cupcake with pop dots and added stickles of course. I used my ticket corner punch on the corners, sponged with pink ink and double matted my image. I attached both chocolate and pick satin ribbon to the top strip one ontop of the other. I tied my twill into a bow beneath my image according the sketch and added my circle sentiment. The card was finished by added 3 dew drops to the corners of the cupcake image. Here are some closeups for you...




Supplies:
stamps- hero arts cupcakes
ink- chocolate chip, pretty in pink
CS/paper- Basic Grey dp, choc chip, close to cocoa, cryogen white
accessories/tools- ticket corner punch, dew drops, PTI sweet blush satin ribbon, choc chip satin ribbon, choc twill from joanns, stardust stickles, fruit punch stickles, sponge, CM circle punch, pop dots


Have a great night and hope to see you tomorrow for hanna sneak peeks.

10 comments:

Paper and Glue said...

I love these cards made with cupcakes. What a beautiful card.

Jewel

Stephanie Hargis said...

Oh my goodness! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE that cupcake! :D I am so glad I found your blog because you are so amazingly talented! I am so glad that you got the chance to try Taylor's sketch this week because it is just fantastic! Obviously, because I can't stop RAVING about it! Hehe. :D

LeAnne said...

This looks positively delish! What a great use of the paper to make scallops for your awning!
LeAnne

Heather said...

Great card! Wonderful detail and colors and such a yummy lookin' cupcake! Great card for Taylors sketch! Hope you had a great weekend!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

How adorable! Your cupcake is just darling! Great design! :D

Cindy Haffner said...

So irresistible, I want a cupcake.

Cindy Haffner said...

So irresistible, I want a cupcake.

Taylor said...

So cute! I love your cupcake... it looks sooo yummy! Thanks for playing the cupcake challenge!

Maria Matter said...

This is a beautiful card, Janette! Your descriptions are always so clear and concise...thank you for that, helps me learn how to do the same!!
Blessings!

Niki Estes said...

I love the colors and the glitter! Great card! Love your Hanna cards for the release, too! Have a great weekend!