All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Occasion cards

Today I have a couple cards to share. I really like to do challenges so I was able to do the hanna sketch challenge and Taylor's cupcake challenge with these. The first card is a father's day for my dad fitting as this is Father's day.

This cards uses a sketch that was posted by Niki in the Hanna stamps forum. I started with a base of garden green and layered on my sky layer which I pierced in rows at the top and bottom. I colored my Riley using my prismamarkers and copics. I punched it with my Marvy mega punch which is where I went wrong. I did not want to matte it on a scalloped circle and the next size circle I had was too big. So, I punched another circle out that was the same size and cut it in half and matted it that way. I punched my white circle and stamped "dad" on it. I then ran it through my cb upside down to make it look a golf ball with the dimples which is hard to see in the picture. The pics are not the best this time as I was low on time but still wanted to share them.

Supplies:
stamps- golfer riley from hanna stamps, studio G letters
ink- pallette noir, choc chip
CS/paper- garden green, soft sky, Crate dp
accessories- copics (G21, E33, E37, E27, B00), twill, SU pewter hodgepodge, paper piercer, swiss dots cb folder


This next card is a last minute graduation card. I did not know that the graduation we were going to was a double graduate and so I needed one in a hurry. I wanted to do Taylor's sketch but knew I was low on time so I did the grad rather than the traditional cupcake. This picture really is bad as the colors are not coming out well even after editing and I am sorry for that but you will get the general idea.

I used Taylor's sketch which was tough for me since you had so many panels. It could also be that I was in a bit of a rush and could not think about it as much either. Anyway, here is the sketch. The school colors are blue and white so that is where I got my colors from. I used my prints pack for the paper and matted it on navy and attached it to my white base. I colored with my prismamarkers and copics and double matted it and attached my silver brads. I tied navy grosgrain underneath. Stickles were added to the tassel and flowers.

Supplies:
stamps- diplomabella
CS/paper- white PT, SU night of navy and bashful blue, bashful blue dp from the prints pack.
accessories- SU navy grosgrain ribbon, silver mini brads, prismamarkers (light cerulean blue, blue slate, deco yellow), copics ( E00, RV11, RV13, G21, not sure which navy)


Enjoy what is left of the weekend and see ya when I see ya...

3 comments:

Sue Strozyk said...

Oh my gosh, I just love them both. What an awesome idea to use the CB to make the golf ball, that looks so cool!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Sweet, love both cards, lookin' good.

Maria Matter said...

Love your bella and riley! What a great "Dad" card...that golf ball is too cool and your coloring is wonderful! Thanks for always being an inspiration!