All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Color Challenge Tuesday

Tuesday means color challenge day at Splitcoast. Today's colors are so saffron, real red, and regal rose- again not ones I would put together myself but I like it and will use it again. For my layout I used Julee's mojo Monday 41 sketch. I always love her sketches and I also love when I can combine 2 challenges into one card. I love doing the challenges but time sometimes prevents it so combining allows you to kill 2 birds with one stone so to speak. The hardest thing for me with color challenges is trying to figure out what image to use. This is a first for me too- cutting out and layering of my images. Also, note I did not use any dp on this card LOL. Take a look.



I stamped my flowers and leaves with pallette noir on SU white. I colored them with a combo of my prismamarkers and copics. It was tough though as I will not use SU paper with them again- they just don't seem to blend as easy on it as others I have used. I cut them all out and used pop dots to layer them the way I wanted. In the middle of the large flowers I used a circle punch to get the saffron CS in the center and tied a small piece of gingham ribbon and used a glue dot to attach it. I wanted to use a button but I did not have 2 small ones and the larger ones I had looked funny. I used red stickles in the center of the small flowers. I sponged around the sentiment for an added touch. I used my slit punch to make the scallops on my rose strip. This card took me a looong time today. I kept pulling it apart and reworking it. Hope it was worth it LOL.

Supplies:
stamps- bud basics, Words of wisdom
ink- pallette noir
CS- real red, so saffron, regal rose, black, white
accessories/tools- prismamarkers (dk. green, crimson red, deco yellow, yellow ochre, magenta, poppy red), copics (G21, RV13), striped grosgrain, black brads, red stickles, red gingham ribbon, slit punch, 1/2" circle punch, pop dots


I am working on some special projects that I look forward to posting soon. Until next time...

5 comments:

Jamie Martin said...

Super cute card, great job combining the challenges :)

Maria Matter said...

Wow, this is really a cute card!!! I like how you placed the flowers and those buttons! Great job!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulous! Your layered flowers are beautiful.

Deana said...

Great job Janette, I love this card. I think the buttons really add to it, very nice job.

Janice M said...

So very Pretty!!!