All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Challenge Day

The cards I have to share today are both challenge cards.

This first card is for the featured stamped challenge which also uses the color challenge of the week which I love. Here is the card of Diane's that I chose to CASE. I changed the stamp set, sentiment, ribbon. I also added brads, piercing ticket corner, extra layers and bg stamp. I stamped my image on the kraft with pallette noir- I never stamped on kraft but wanted to try it. I stamped my flower in versamark on sky and embossed it with black ep. I cut it out, punched the small circle and attached it with a pop dot for dimension. I stamped my sky layer with the sanded bg and sponged the edges and double matted. I added my strip layer which I pierced and tied the ribbon around. I used the ticket corner punch and brads on my main image and double matted and attached to the card. I finished off by stamping my sentiment in black.

Recipe:
stamps- sanded bg, PT garden of life
ink- pallette noir, versamark, soft sky
CS- kraft, soft sky, black
accessories/tools- ticket corner punch, brads, black ep, stitched ribbon, slot punch, sponge


The second card is a triple challenge card- woohoo!



The sketch I used is Taylor's cupcake challenge and that is also why I chose this Riley- because he is holding a cupcake. I did the hanna stamps PJ challenge 4 which required you to use more than one punch. You will definitely want to run not walk over to the hanna forum and participate in the challenges because you can win some awesome stamps! There are 4 different challenges you can enter for. The last challenge is from the Our Creative Corner which required the use of both buttons and brads on your card. You can check out the deets on my fellow hanna DT member Cindy's blog. I started with my white base and added the red layer which I added white get dots on and my dp layer which I sponged. My half circle was run through my cb. I colored my Riley using my copics and prismamarkers. The cherry on top of the cupcake is a red brad covered with stickles. This was double matted and added to the card after the ribbon was tied. I used my brand new riley sentiments available at hanna stamps which was just released and punched with my CM circle punch. I finished my card with my buttons which were tied with red cord.

Recipe:
stamps- coffee Riley, things Riley would say
ink- pallette noir, pretty in pink
CS- white, real red, pretty in pink, SU berry bliss dp
accessories- pink buttons, red cord, red grosgrain ribbon, red brad, candy cane stickles, cb swiss dots, slot punch, CM circle punch


Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wonderful cards ... love your extra touches on the FS card.

Paper and Glue said...

What beautiful cards. Ok so I am new to card making and was wondering why they call it "case". Could you explain for me please :-)

I love the first card it is beautiful and the colours are fab too.

Thank you. Sorry for the questions

Jewel.

Maria Matter said...

Great cards Janette! Your FS card has such a nice clean look. Very pretty! And Riley can't help but be adorable...love how you did the ribbon!

Janice M said...

Great cards!! I can't wait to get my new Riley stamps in the mail!!