All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Friday, June 27, 2008

Hanna, put your clothes on!

This card is for the hanna stamps weekly challenge which was to use masking and the limited supply challenge this week which was to use brads and no other embellishments. Take a look:



I can't help but laugh because my 3 yr old daughter keeps telling me that I need to put clothes on that girl because she is in her underwear LOL. Anyway, I stamped my hanna and my accessories on my CS with pallette noir. I then took a piece of acetate and cut it in the shape of a cloud. I also stamped hanna on some scrap paper and cut her out to use as my mask. I then put my mask over hanna and took my acetate cloud and makeup sponge with bashful blue ink and created my clouds. Here is a tutorial on how to do the clouds- my clouds did not come out as well but I did try. I then used a stipple brush to make the rest of the sky. I colored my images with copics and highlighted with my clear spica glitter pen. I used my white gel pen to make the dots on the red layer. I really wanted to pierce but I already had it on the card so it was too late. I used my scallop punch and circle punched to do the sentiment. Here is a closer look for you:



Hope you like my card today. Gotta run- have a great evening!

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Hanna is lookin' so good, wonderful job.

Judy in Indiana said...

This is so gorgeous!

Candice said...

Such a beautiful card, Janette!! LOVE those clouds - and you're 3 year old sounds a lot like mine - he keeps asking me why Riley doesn't wear any clothes - hee hee...

Denise Marzec said...

hehe, LOL at your daughter's comment, Janette! hehe, tooo funny!

LOVE your card. I saw it in the SCS gallery this a.m. and left you a comment over there too. Awesome job. You're on fire lately, girl!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Haha! I look forward to having my own children so that I can listen to their hilarious comments! :D I love this card by the way! Everything about it is fantastic! Your coloring, the clouds, everything! Great job!