All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Hanna Sneak Peek Day 2

First off I just want to give a shout out to my friend Janice (catcrazy on SCS)- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope it is a good one.

Take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd! Well today is all about baseball folks. There are 2 regular sets and 2 mini sets being released at hanna stamps on Friday the 4th. This is one of the mini sets- baseball hanna. My cards with this set are on the masculine side. A couple of the other DT members used hanna for feminine cards. It is so cool to see all the different things that everyone does with the same stamps.



For my first card I used Julee's mojo 44 sketch this week. I started by taking my dp piercing it and using the faux stitching technique with my red SU marker. I triple matted it. I then stamped my image with pallette noir ink and colored with my copics/prismamarkers and double matted it. I stamped my white strip with sanded bg, faux stitched it,double matted it and attached to the card. I made my photo corners by using my square punch, cutting it in half (so you have 2 triangles) and cutting out the notch. I added 3 silver brads to them and attached to the corners with glue dots. I then attached my main image and stamped the baseball mitt (stamped off once) and overstamped my sentiment punching them out with the circle punch. I finished off my card by adding some stars as accents.

Recipe:
stamps- baseball hanna
ink- pallette noir, real red, going grey
CS/paper- DCWV dp, real red, basic grey, going grey, GP white
accessories- silver brads, square punches, paper piercer, SU mat pack, real red marker, star punches, copics, prismamarkers


My second card is for my hubby which I am saving for his birthday, it was going to be father's day but I did not finish it in time. When I first received this set I knew I was going to have to do a blue and white one because my dh is a Yankees fan. So that was my inspiration for this card and I made her a brunette like me so it looked like I was dressed in a Yankees outfit for him...hmm maybe TMI there LOL. Anyway, I stamped my hanna image and masked her to stamp the home plate stamp over it. The image was colored with my copics and sponged with caramel around it (kinda like dirt). I then double matted it but I used my tag corner punch on the middle layer because it has the same shape as the plate. I made my bg by using the glove stamp in the set and sponging the edges of that and again double matting and using the tag corner punch on the middle layer. I stamped my caramel strip with the sanded bg, sponged that and added 3 navy eyelets. My image was then attached over that.

Supplies:
stamps- baseball hanna
ink- pallette noir, creamy caramel, night of navy
CS- creamy caramel, night of navy, PTI white
accessories/tools- SU tag corner punch, crop a dile, SU navy eyelets, sponge, copics (navy, E00, E33, E27), white gel pen


I hope you enjoyed my projects today. I may be back later with the color challenge of the week if I get a chance to play with it. Thanks for stopping in.

7 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Janette - I love both of these. Great job!

Denise Marzec said...

Love both cards, Janette! Very cool papers and so many added details. It's amazing how different this image looks, just dressed in different colors and with different color hair. hehe, fun!

Cindy Haffner said...

You my dear have rocked this set, awesome job.

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh, these are great! I loooove that baseball DP you used and the faux stitching had me fooled -lol! Great job on these, I love how you ROCKED Julee's sketch. Hugs,

Sandy said...

Your baseball Hanna cards are cute Janette!!

Candice said...

I LOVE your Baseball Hanna cards, Janette!! Ditto to Cindy - you really rocked this set!!

Vicki G said...

Love the colours you used in this. You made awesome cards with these!!!!