All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gentler Times Mojo

Today's card uses the color challenge on SCS and Julee Tillman's mojo43 sketch for the layout.

For today's card I pulled out my gentler times set. I literally have not used this one in years but I still love it. I started out by stamping my image in pallette noir ink on PT white. I cut it out with my CM oval. I then watercolored my image using my ink pads and my blender pen and aquapainter. I sponged wasabi around it, added some stickles to the flowers and matted it on my scalloped oval and another regular oval. I cut my rectangle of dp and matted it on black. I ran my white section through my cuttlebug and sponged wasabi over it which is not showing too well in the photo. I stamped the wasabi secion with another one of the stamps from my set in versamark ink. The sentiment was stamped in pallette noir and the rhinestones were added beneath it. These sections were attached to my black matte and I added my black scallop strip which was done with my slit punch. I tied my double sided ribbon around that and adhered it to the black. This was then matted with teal and attached to the white base. The oval and rectangle section was the attached using pop dots to raise it up and give dimension. Here are a couple of closeups for you to see.





Supplies:
stamps- SU Gentler Times, Warmest Regards
ink- pallette noir, wild wasabi, taken with teal
CS/paper- afternoon tea dp, wasabi, teal, black, PTI white
accessories/tools- cb stylized flowers folder, blue rhinestones, black brads, stardust stickles, aquapainter, blender pen, perfect layers, giga scallop punch, CM oval cutter, double sided satin ribbon from Michaels


Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll stop by again soon,

7 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, beautiful, job, I lov e this sketch.

Anonymous said...

proof i"m an idiot: What are stickles and where can I get them?

Deana said...

Beautiful card Janette. I love the way the black really makes it pop out.

Anonymous said...

Oh Janette, this is gorgeous! Love everything about! I have this set too and don't think i've inked it in years! LOL I might just have to pull it out to use tomorrow. Beautiful job on the challenge! :)

Have a great day!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Opps...I ment to say, Love everything about your card! See what happens when hubby is taking to you at the same time your typing. Sorry about the oppsie.

Denise Marzec said...

GORGEOUS!!!

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, and your PTI entry is bee-utiful!
LeAnne