All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Friday, June 6, 2008

Double challenge card

Well, this is the second time I am writing this post as somehow when I went to publish it- it just went poof and dissappeared. Bummer! Anyway, I used Beate's weekend sketch and the weekly challenge in the hanna stamps forum. The hanna challenge was to use circles on your card. My circle requirement was satified in my dps, the brads, the ribbon and the paper piercing. Take a peek.


I started out with my sunshine dp which was cut to have a 1/8" border around it. I pierced 2 rows- one on the top and one on the bottom. I added my blue dp strip which has a small matte of orange that was pierced. I tied a ribbon around it and attached to my card base. I colored my Riley image with copics and prismamarkers, double matted it and added brads to the corners. This was then attached to the card. I finished up by stamping my sentiment in the lower left corner and added some stickles to the brads.

Supplies:
stamps- Surfer Riley, things Hanna would say
ink- pallette noir
CS/dp- blue Imaginisce dp from hanna stamps, bazzill bling, SU orange, sunshine dp from my LSS
accessories/tools- ribbon, brads, diamond stickles, paper piercer, copic markers and prismacolor markers


This was the first time I ever made a Riley card- can you believe it LOL? He looks so cute with his wet suit on. Thanks so much for visiting.

3 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Too cute!! A moose on a surf board! Hehee Love your colors and that ribbon! A very happy card!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

you make beautiful work! :)

Janice M said...

A very bright and cheery card! Awesome coloring!