All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Papertrey June GSS entries

I have been working on some June papertrey guest star stamper submissions lately and I thought I would share some with you. I will probably split them into 2 posts and share them on another day as well. I always get so nervous about submitting things into contests. Tonight the winners of the contest will be announced so I am crossing my fingers.

For this first card I started with my card base of PTI white stampers select. I LOVE this paper for card bases because it is so thick and easily stands up to be used as the base. I then stamped my images on vellum CS in white craft ink and set aside to dry for awhile. I also stamped my sentiment on vellum with white too. I cut my mattes of black and summer sunrise. When the ink was dry I used a scor-pal to make a frame around the image and attached my vellum to my mattes with black brads. The sentiment was "attached" by threading the ribbon through it. I finished off the card by adding rhinestones to the middle of the flowers.

Supplies:
stamps- PT honey bees
ink- SU white craft
CS- PT white and summer sunrise, SU black and vellum
accessories/tools- scor-pal, Brenda Walton rhinestones, making memories black brads, black polka dot organdy ribbon


This next card is another simple elegant card done very similar to the first card so I won't describe the process again. I chose to do some simple elegant cards because Nichole Heady is know for that and since it is her contest I was hoping to be able to appeal to her. I used my scor-pal to again create a frame for the image. I used my CM oval cutter to cut out my oval and adhered my image to the back of the white and that way you would not see the glue through the vellum. Vellum can be tricky because you need to use certain adhesives so it does not show. I still find that even the special ones show sometimes though.

Supplies:
stamps- PT honey bees
CS- PT white and lavender moon, SU vellum
ink- SU white
accessories/tools- scor-pal, rhinestones, CM cutting system


This next card I wanting to make my bee look like he wrote the sentiment so I stamped both my sentiment and my bee and then drew with a pencil lightly a curvy trail. I pierced the trail and erased my pencil marks. I made my honeycomb bg paper using another stamp from the set and then sponged it. I am not sure if I should have done that though. Oh well not pulling apart this time. I punched out 3 circles on the yellow strip and ran it through my cb. I stamped my 3 bees on white and attached under the yellow. The rest is pretty self explanatory.



Supplies-
Stamps- PT honey bees
CS- SU black, PT lemon tart and white
ink- pallette noir, PT lemon tart
accessories/tools- cb swiss dots folder, SU gingham ribbon, paper piercer


This next card I posted previously under my blog hop entry but I will also show here to keep them together but won't list details as you can look under blog hop on the side for more info.



The last card I will share with you today is much more "busy". I am not sure that this one will appeal to Nichole but I like it anyway. I used it for my dd's teacher for the end of the year. I started out with a square base this time of 4.75". My colors were chosen from Verve's May color parade which can be seen here for the challenge. There is another challenge for this month so be sure to check it out on their blog. I hope to play along if I get the chance.



I stamped my images using the verve colors. I then used a stiple brush to create the sky and the grass. I pierced my strips, card base and around the sentiment. I used my SU oval punches and scallop punches for the sentiment.

Supplies
stamps- PT honey bees
CS/paper- Dp from SU just delightful, soft sky textured, pumpkin pie, regal rose, saffron, celery, GP white, SU saffron buttons, grosgrain ribbon, SU oval and scallop punches, paper piercer


Well I thought I would share all my honey bee projects. I will be back with the rest in the other 2 categories another time. Hope you have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Lori said...

WOWZERS Janette!!! Your cards are gorgeous!!! Good luck!!

Denise Marzec said...

Beeeeeeeautiful cards!!...all of them! Good luck in the contest!!!

Hugs,
D~

Anonymous said...

Right when I thought I could never find another inspiration, I come to your site. But, I've been inspired............by YOUR talent. Not mine. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

two questions: Does everyone here recommend the ScorPal? and: WHAT do you do with all the cards you create?? I don't know enough people so I keep sending them to my sister who says "you can stop sending me cards anytime." Waaaa

Deana said...

I love all of the cards Janette, they are great. Good luck!