All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Coloring Technique cards

First off I would like to say a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! to one of my bestest friends Sue. You can see the card I made for her under my Gina K designs post.

Today I have a couple of cards showing 2 different coloring techniques that are widely used among papercrafters. The first card will show prismacolor pencils and gamsol and the second card will show coloring with alcohol markers (both prismacolor and copic).


This first card was colored using my prismacolor pencils, gamsol and blending stumps. I started out by stamping my adorable mouse image with pallette noir ink. I then colored in my image by picking out colors that were in my dp. I sponged around the outside of the image as well. I am not going to do a tutorial for you on the coloring simply because there are so many blogs out there with awesome ones on them that I don't need to do yet another. I used my mega punch to cut out the mouse and then my giga scallop to matte that on. I used my paper piercer to add some dots around the scallop. I cut my papers/CS for my layout according to today's sketch challenge on SCS which is found here. I stamped my sentiment and punched it out with my oval punch and sponged around the outside. I added my finishing touches of pearls to the lower corner and oval, organdy ribbon around the middle, liquid pearls to the dots on the cup, and stickles to the flower on the cup. I really like how this card came out and hope you do too.

Here is a closeup of the coloring for you


Supplies:
stamps- Whipper Snapper daisy teacup mouse, SU You warm my heart (sentiment)
ink- Pallette noir, Bashful blue, celery
CS/dp- Imaginesce dp (from Hanna Stamps), Bazzill bling (Michaels), SU bashful blue, GP white
Accessories- pearls by Mark Richards, liquid pearls, SU organdy ribbon, stardust stickles
tools- Mega scallop punch, mega circle punch, SU lg oval punch, paper piercer, prismacolor pencils, gamsol, stumps.


The second card I colored with alcohol markers AKA copics or prismacolor markers.



This stamp set is from Hanna Stamps who are one of my absolute favorite stamp companies. It is being release tomorrow night at midnight and there is going to be a release party over in the Hanna stamps forum on SCS. I can't wait because there will be contests and also the winner of the flag challenge will be announced. I hope it is me because I really want to get the cafe Hanna set. Anyway, I stamped the main Hanna image with pallette noir then I stamped the table and the lamp. I stamped the cup and cut it out and glued in onto the table. I colored the images with a combo of copics and prismacolors by using colors again that were in my paper. I drew in a line with my fine tip marker for the carpet and wall. The carpet I did by stippling with both soft sky and blue bayou because it makes it look like plush with the stipples and carpets always have a 2 tone look depending on which way the knap is. I matted the image and placed on top of the 2 coordinating dps. I tied a ribbon around the middle and pierced the 2 rows in the top corner. I used 3 prima flowers with brads to accent the card in colors that matched my paper. I stamped my sentiment, punched with my oval punch and sponged around the edges. I did use a clear spica glitter pen to draw in some steam lines from the cup and for Hanna's lips- her stylish lipgloss LOL.

Here is a close up of the coloring for you. Take a peek in the upper right corner- I went over the wall, the floor and the corner of the chair with a bit of yellow from my pencil to give it the glow of a light being on.


Supplies:
stamps- Hanna stamps bookworm, Things Hanna would say
ink- groovy guava, Pallette noir
CS/paper- SU afternoon tea dp, chocolate bazzill bling, soft sky textured
accessories- SU dbl stitched wasabi ribbon
marker colors- prismamarkers (dark green, light peach, peach, 10% cool grey) Copics (B00, E00, E27, E33, E37, G21)


Well, I hope you like my post for today. Don't forget to comment for your chance at the blog candy. Tomorrow is the last day to enter. Have a great evening!

10 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Hey Janette! I love your challenge card, too cute and the colors are so soft looking. Great job!
I commented on your MFT card over at SCS. I really like the colors you choose for this card. I'm heading over to the release party now. This set will be in my cart. Love to see what the ladies do with them...makes me want them all!! Have a blessed evening!

Michelle Woerner said...

OK, first... your coloring on the Hanna card is really great. Seriously, great! Next, congrats on the hits -1000 in 2 weeks? That is so fun. And 3rd, I love that little mouse cup card for today's challenge. Very cute!! Hugs to you and fingers crossed for the Hanna contest!! -michelle

misse336 said...

I love your WS mouse card! Your coloring/shading is great.

Melissa said...

I love the Hanna card! I haven't really checked that line of stamps out before - now I am going to have to go look so I can buy the one you used! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy W said...

Beautiful coloring! The mouse is so cute, and that Hanna set looks like a great one to have, especially for readers. TFS.

Janice M said...

Cute cards Janette!! I LOVE the whipper snapper one!!!

"The Sassy Divas" said...

Both cards are so cute! You done a great job coloring both. Copics are on my wish list!

Val said...

Wonderful cards! I love the way you have coloured both of your cards. They look fabulous!!

Sue Strozyk said...

You did an amazing job coloring this, it's absolutely beautiful!!!

Brenda H. said...

Wow, you're over 1500 hits already!! No wonder...your cards are amazing! I totally LOVE the Whipper Snapper card...awesome coloring too! Thanks for sharing!
~Brenda H.