All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Watercoloring with ink pads

In the try a new technique challenge for today you were required to use reinkers or ink pads to watercolor your images. This is a great technique and one which I enjoy. It is a nice change from using copics or pencils.



I stamped my image on watercolor paper with pallette noir ink and colored it using my inkpads and an aquapainter. I matted my image and set aside to dry. I layered my papers on my card according the sketch in the gina k forum for their June challenge. You can see the challenge sketch here. I tied my ribbon around the center and stamped my sentiment in cocoa ink. I finished off the card by attaching my image using my pop dots to give it some dimension. Here is a closeup for you below.



Supplies:
stamps- gina k wishing you the best
ink- close to cocoa, pallette noir, wild wasabi, sage shadow, chocolate chip, cream caramel, soft sky
CS/paper- close to cocoa, watercolor paper, afternoon tea dp
accessories/tools- aquapainter, ribbon, pop dots


Have a wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love that image paired with Afternoon Tea. Awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super job, love it.