All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Verve Project Parade

I made this card a couple days ago using Julee's mojo42 sketch for the Verve project parade. They are giving away a $15 verve gc to the winner which is drawn randomly. I don't own any Verve stamps so I am really hoping to win this so I can try them out.



My card measures 4.75" square so I cut my dp 4.5" square and then cut off 3/8" from one end to allow for the 1/8" space between sections. I stamped my main image in red on white and then stamped another flower in both saffron and red, cut them out, staggered them and layered them on top of the red flower using a pop dot. I also added a rhinestone in the center. The corner was embellished with 3 black brads. I tied one of my favorite ribbons around the card and adhered my image onto my card. I stamped the sentiment and double matted it and put it on my card to finish it off.

Supplies:
stamps- SU true friend, blossoms abound, and baroque motifs
ink- versafine onyx, saffron, real red
CS/paper- dp, saffron, black and white
accessories- black brads, double sided satin ribbon, red rhinestone


I am waiting to hear from artful inkables today because they are supposed to be announcing their new DT today. I am driving myself completely nuts waiting on this. I keep checking my email like every 5 minutes LOL. I will be glad when the waiting is over because for me this is torture!

Anyway, I will be back later with my weekly hanna challenge card. See ya later.

3 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful colors on this! love that DP and wonderful layered medallion!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card! Love the swirly, flowery dp. Thanks for playing! :)

Janice M said...

Great card!!!