All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wedding mojo


I hope that you having a nice weekend so far. The weather here has been quite warm and humid so outdoor activity is not top on the list so what better way to beat the heat than to stamp in the central air conditioned house LOL. So this is what I have created for you today and if I say so myself this is among the best cards I have ever made IMO. What'd think?

I used my new stamp set that I just got from artful inkables. I started by stamped by main image in versamark on white and embossed it with black ep. I punched it out with my mega circle punch and sponged with grey around the edges. I matted it on a giga scalloped circle in black. I then took the bouquet image from the set and stamped with versamark on black and embossed with silver jewels ep. Tip- be sure to use your embossing buddy so you don't get splotches. This was punched and matted on brushed silver. The I used the sketch from Julee's mojo Monday challenge for the layout. I stamped the bouquet image a few times in black on the silver and cut the rectangles. I ran my white CS through my cuttlebug and cut those rectangles. I adhered my scalloped images onto the rectangles that were shaped into the square and placed those on my black layer. I stamped my sentiment in the lower corner in white. I then cut a strip of silver and used my Fiskars border punch on it and attached that. I tied a ribbon around just to finish it off and because I think it looks elegant. This ribbon is so yummy I just love it! Everything was attached to my white base and I added 2 flowers with rhinestone centers to it which were on pop dots for the finishing touch. It would be nice to win the mojo contest this week with this card because I don't own any verve sets but I would sure like to.

Supplies:
Stamps- artful inkables wedding silhouettes, SU happiness always
ink- versamark, versafine black, white craft
CS- SU black, PTI white, SU brushed silver
accessories/tools- double sided satin ribbon (Michaels), silver jewels ep, black ep, bridal flowers (Michaels), clear rhinestones, Fiskars flowers border punch, SU scallop punch, Marvy circle punches, cb birds and swirls folder


Heading off to bed now- good night!

4 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Holy SMOKES, this is gorgeous....oh my word, so elegant!!!!!!!!

Lori said...

WOWZERS Janette!! Your card is absolutely stunning!!!

Deana said...

OMG, this card is absolutely beautiful Janette, I love everythign about it.

Janice M said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Very Elegant!