All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Papertrey June blog hop



Today is the night for the blog hop over in the papertrey forum. It is a neat way to visit people's blogs and get lots of inspiration from all the cool projects that they post. This month's theme was to use transparencies on your projects. I am assuming that includes acetate and similar products. Well I guess this was my lucky month because I already had my project done as I entered it in the June GSS contest at papertrey and I did not post it yet. I was awarded an honorable mention for this project by Nichole too so how cool is that! Now for my project...



This is a 2-4-6-8 box that I made for my friend who recently found out she was pregnant. I took a sheet of 8.5"X11" CS and cut it down to 6"X 8.5". I scored it with my scor-pal at 2", 4", 6" and 8" vertically and then scored 2" up from the bottom horizontally. You can find a picture of the instructions here. I cut off approx 2" from all but the second panel because I wanted that to fold over the front of the box. On the fourth panel I cut out my oval with my CM oval cutter. I then cut out an oval from my sunrise CS which had a 1/4" smaller oval so that it would create a matte inside the lemon oval. I then attached a rectangle piece of acetate to cover the opening on what would be the inside of the box. I stamped the 1st and 3rd panels on the outside with my honey bee image. I stamped my sentiments on the outside of my oval cut out section panel. I cut my bottom sections and then folded them and used red sticky tape to adhere the panels to form the bottom of the box. I filled the box with bit o honey candies that I wrapped with labels decorated with the honey bees and limitless labels set. I punched out a decorative floral border using my Fiskars punch on the lemon edge and attached a piece of sunrise to the bottom of the lemon tart section and folded it over and attached with red sticky tape. To finish off my project I tied a bow with my satin ribbon and attached it.

Recipe:
stamps- PTI honey bees, limitless labels
CS- PTI lemon tart, summer sunrise, acetate
ink- summer sunrise, lemon tart
accessories- scor-pal, sunrise satin ribbon, fiskars floral border punch, CM oval cutter, red sticky tape


I hope you enjoy this project and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy visiting everyone's blogs and have fun!

29 comments:

Scrapping Julie said...

love this. great job

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, happy, wonderful. How come my stuff never looks like this? :) Great job! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Kimberly Crawford said...

great idea! what a wonderful gift idea!!!! :)

Regan said...

wow- great idea!!! Love those colours!!!!!!

Deanna said...

What a great gift!

Latisha said...

I love love love love love this!!! Its awesome!

amber said...

Awesome! I love how polished it looks.

Chris said...

vthis is super!!!

K said...

Very nice. The recipient will love this gift.

IamDerby said...

i love this...also the use of bit o honey! yum

Anonymous said...

You did a great job!!! Thank you for sharing!

~ Pam

Kevin Renz said...

What a cute idea. Love the bees and love the see through window.

Niki Estes said...

Love the peek a boo window! Great job, Janette!

Donelda said...

What a great idea. I haven't seen one of these yet! Great inspiration!!!

One Creative Life said...

This is great!! Love them.

Allison Cope said...

Mmmmmmmmm.... candy!!! Awesome job on the challenge Janette! Love the added candy wrapper details! WTG!

Kacey Elliott said...

Fabulous box!

Jenn said...

Such a clever project!

ohradiogirl said...

This is a wonderful project.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how adorable! Who wouldn't LOVE this gift?

Kathleen said...

This is really cute! I haven't done a bag quite like this---I must try it!

Terri said...

Very cool. What a great gift.

Lisa T. said...

Congrats on winning tonight Janette. I love this project!

Charlene Austin said...

Yippee! You won! This is a lucky box for you!!

You know....I have never made one of these boxes! gasp!

Traveling Mama said...

What a great project! Love it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh Jeanette, this is lovely. I like how you used the border punch along the top! Fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow, awesome job, love it.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, Janette! Perfect gift box! :)

Rebecca said...

Incredible 3d project!