All blog content, including designs, text, and photographs are COPYRIGHT © Janette Olen. Everything posted here is shared for your personal inspiration and enjoyment only and may not be used for publication or for design team submissions. Thanks so much for stopping by!

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday- color challenge day!

I love today's color challenge on SCS- CC171. It is soft sky, black and kraft. I hardly ever use kraft probably because it lends itself to masculine cards which I don't do enough of. I must say that I really love my card today. I did well with the challenge and believe it or not there is no ribbon or bling or sparkles- can you beleive it LOL? Take a peek.

I started out with a kraft card base and layered black onto it. I added my sky layer which was stamped with my linen bg and sponged around the outside. My next layer was stamped using the sanded bg and sky ink and again sponged and the sentiment stamped in black. I inked up my main image with soft sky and highlighted the lighthouse with my black marker directly onto my stamp and then stamped on shimmer white. I distressed the edges with a metal edged ruler. This is the first time I used that technique and I love it! This was then double matted and twine was added. I added a strip in the middle of twill, black and kraft. I embellished with 3 black brads before attaching to my base. I used my word window punch and brads to finish off the 2 corners of my card. The inside of the card was sponged with black and I used stipples shells to stamp some shell images in soft sky.

Supplies:
stamps: SU linen bg, sanded bg, Light unto my Path
ink- pallette noir, soft sky
CS- shimmer white, kraft, black, soft sky
accessories- wide twill, black brads, antique brads, hemp twine,word window punch, ruler, sponge


Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

Sue Strozyk said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the BG's you used. WOW!!

Kristi said...

wow....how lucky are we that we have you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Look at this card would you please.... LOVE IT!!!

Bev Gerard said...

Wonderful card! I love every element about this!

~Bev

Denise Marzec said...

Janette! Oh my....I'm LOVIN' this sketch and what you did with it. Every single embellishment ROCKS! Beautiful!

Janice M said...

Great card!! I like the added twine